HÀ NỘI — The Ministry of Health (MoH) on Friday gave initial approval for Cuba’s Abdala COVID19 vaccine to be used in Việt Nam.
The vaccine was approved with a number of conditions and there are still more tests that need to be carried out before it will become widely available for residents.
It is produced by the AICA Laboratories Company and Base Business Unit (BBU) AICA in Cuba.
The Centre for Immunisation Vaccines Polyvac in Việt Nam asked for permission for the vaccine to be used.
The MoH insisted on a number of conditions before granting approval.
It has stated that the Drug Administration of Vietnam is responsible for licensing Abdala vaccine based on regulations for importation and quality management.
The Department of Science, Technology and Training has been given responsibility for selecting a unit that is qualified to evaluate the vaccine's safety and effectiveness.
The General Department of Preventive Medicine is in charge of injecting the vaccine.
And finally, the National Institute for Control of Vaccine and Biologicals is responsible for inspecting and issuing certificates for the vaccine before it can be used. — VNS
- Russia: Putin Approves Coronavirus Vaccine, Claims Daughter Took It
- Russia approves coronavirus vaccine despite testing safety concerns
- WHO scientist sees regulators cooperating to speed COVID-19 vaccine approval
- Putin hails new Sputnik moment as Russia is first to approve a COVID-19 vaccine
- Russia's unproven Covid-19 vaccine will be available to other countries by November, funder says. But safety concerns remain
- WHO to give stamp of approval to Russian after reviewing vaccine safety data
- NIH chief says politically motivated approval of coronavirus vaccine 'cannot happen'
- Africa could have COVID-19 vaccine in first quarter if human trials work: South Africa trial lead
- Brazil, hotbed for COVID-19 vaccine testing, may struggle to produce its own
- Sanofi eyes approval of COVID-19 vaccine by first half of 2021
- Novavax coronavirus vaccine induces immune response in small study
- US obesity epidemic could undermine effectiveness of a Covid-19 vaccine
- Novavax coronavirus vaccine induces immune response in early study, shares jump
- India's Serum Institute to get $150 million from Gates Foundation for COVID-19 vaccine
- It's not for me: speed of COVID-19 vaccine race raises safety concerns
- Fauci expects tens of millions of coronavirus vaccine doses at start of 2021
- Sinovac launches Phase 3 trial for COVID-19 vaccine in Indonesia, reports Phase 2 details
- Russia’s race for virus vaccine raises concerns in the West
- Scientists ask: Without trial data, how can we trust Russia's COVID vaccine?
- What we know -- and don't know -- about Russia's 'Sputnik V' vaccine
Ministry of Health approves Abdala vaccine with conditions have 427 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at September 18, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.