Hanoi (VNA) – Latest artworks on Mid-Autumn Festival by painters of an art group called Gallery39A (G39) are on display at its Facebook fanpage as part of an online exhibition launched on September 20.
A total of 30 artworks were created with plaster carvings or painted with oil, acrylics and gouache or on "dó" (poonah) paper, a paper traditionally made from the inner bark of the dó tree in Vietnam, and old newspapers by 17 G39 painters, five of whom are children.
The youngest among the child artists is just four years old while the oldest are 13.
It is an annual exhibition by the G39 artists who had to hold this year's event virtually because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
"Mid-Autumn is a festival, a reunion," said painter Le Thiet Cuong of the group. There is nothing cozier that the painters and their latest artworks reunite for the festival again this year, even just in an online event, he said.
The exhibition will run until the end of this month.
Mid-Autumn Festival , also known as the children’s festival in Vietnam, takes place on the 15th day of the 8th month on lunar calendar, which is also the brightest and full moon day of the year. This year the festival falls on September 21./.
- Hanwha Life helps disadvantaged children celebrate Mid-Autumn Festival
- Da Nang among top three travel picks for Koreans in Mid-Autumn festival
- Thang Long Citadel hosts Mid-autumn festival activities for students
- Mid-Autumn Festival activities open in Thang Long Citadel
- Qatar Airways Celebrates Mid-Autumn Festival in the Skies with Mooncakes across China and Asia-Pacific
- Mid-Autumn Festival lights up Tuyen Quang City
- Various Mid-Autumn Festival activities held nationwide
- Children nationwide join various Mid-Autumn Festival activities
- Mid-autumn festival to feature culture of Gia Lai Province
- Children at hospitals in Hanoi celebrate Mid-autumn festival
- No more plastic lanterns this Mid-Autumn Festival
- Practical activities help needy children greet Mid-autumn festival
- Hanoi’s Old Quarter offers diverse entertainment during Mid-Autumn Festival
- The Mid-Autumn Festival
- Party chief sends Mid-Autumn Festival greetings to children nationwide
- Annual Japan Autumn Festival draws thousands
- Thua Thien - Hue hosts Unicorn Dance Festival
- Autumn Exhibitions. What Not To Miss
- Celebrate things creative, spooky, fun at St. Charles Scarecrow Festival
- $1.6 million painting first public display, and other highlights from ART X Lagos
Mid-Autumn Festival artworks on virtual display have 432 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 20, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.