Vaccination for sailors was one of the highlighted issues shared at the meeting.
Director General of Vietnam Maritime Corporation (VIMC) Nguyen Canh Tinh said that only 10 percent of 4,000 people working for 78 ships that operate domestically and internationally have got vaccinated.
Representatives of enterprises were also concerned about sailors who have to complete the 14-day quarantine period. This regulation has forced vessels to dock at the ports for two weeks, raising costs. For this reason, the ministry suggested provinces and cities create favorable working conditions for sailors if they have the negative PCR test result for Covid-19 and strictly follow coronavirus prevention and control measures.
Another issue at the current time is that the number of granted travel passes in the localities is inadequate for businesses to operate. According to General Secretary of Vietnam Ship Agents and Brokers Association, the Ho Chi Minh City authorities granted only one to two travel passes for each agent and enterprise, accounting for only ten percent of their need. The figure should be 70 to 80 percent to ensure the human resources for ports exploitation.
By Bich Quyen- Translated by Huyen Huong
- New York City Housing Authority puts repairs on hold ... for years, leaving residents in dire need
- Memphis VA needs more resources
- Indian Navy looks for greater cooperation with friendly nations to meet rising maritime challenges: Admiral Karambir Singh
- Action needed to protect personal devices of senators, staffers
- Oversight needed for charter, DPS school performance?
- What is a CIO? Everything you need to know about the Chief Information Officer explained
- Enough studies: We need action
- Uber CEO Travis Kalanick takes a leave after probe results find need for more accountability
- VN to hosts 12th Inter-gov Regional Environmentally Sustainable Transport Forum
- Sleep: Most U.S. workers need more of this to be better at their jobs
- Public hospitals need more independence: NA deputies
- RETIREMENT WARNINGS. We need to get smarter
- Chinese hackers use phishing emails to target engineering, transport and defence companies
- Climate Scientist Dr. Sarah Myhre on the Peril and Possibilities Ahead: 'We Need Leadership That Is Not Old and White and Male'
- What serverless computing really means, and everything else you need to know
- Driverless air taxis, drones, pods: Dubai puts future tech at heart of transportation
- Murderbot Struggles to Pass for Human in This Excerpt From Martha Wells'
- Where to turn: Resources for families with special needs children
- What is the IoT? Everything you need to know about the Internet of Things right now
- Rep. Schiff: Tech companies fighting bad behavior need to hire more staff
Maritime transport activities in dire need of human resource have 433 words, post on www.sggpnews.org.vn at September 18, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.