Nguyen Quang Thin, 32, of neighboring Quang Nam Province was found guilty of “illegally trading and trafficking narcotics.”
His accomplices Ngo Van Truyen and Nguyen Van Loc, both 39 and from Quang Nam, received life sentences on the same charge.
Thin got in touch with a Vietnamese man in Germany identified as Tuan via a social network, and last October the latter suggested that Thin should form a gang to smuggle ecstasy from Europe to Vietnam.
A month later Thin received a consignment of 4,000 pills Tuan sent from Germany to Binh Duong Province near Ho Chi Minh City.
Thin ordered Loc to find buyers, and the latter contacted Truyen and the three worked together to distribute the ecstasy.
For every pill sold, Thin earned VND70,000 ($3.08) and gave half the money to Truyen.
Loc would meet customers directly and sell the pills at around VND150,000 each.
On November 9 the Da Nang drug prevention police caught Thin red-handed while he was on his way to deliver the drug to Lien Chieu District in the city, and seized 2,000 ecstasy pills from him.
The same day they also arrested Truyen and Loc in the city and found hidden in their car another 1,767 pills.
The two said they were on their way to deliver them to customers.
Vietnam has some of the world's toughest drug laws. Those convicted of possessing or smuggling more than 600 g of heroin or over 2.5 kg of methamphetamine face death.
- Chinese court sentences Canadian man to death in drug smuggling case
- Canadian man sentenced to death in China
- Peterborough man jailed for smuggling £7 million in cash out of the UK
- China accused of revenge tactics over drug smuggler’s death sentence weeks after Huawei boss arrested in Canada
- SS man faces incitement probe over massacre
- British man among five held in Indonesia for drug smuggling
- Canadian sentenced to DEATH in China after being found guilty of drug smuggling
- Brit public schoolboy breaks silence over terror of impending 24 lashes sentence
- Bid to get prem baby home from Vietnam
- Brit soldier, 30, jailed for smuggling Calais Jungle migrants into UK in car boot for £5k each
- Monster who kicked his lover's son to death while eating pizza
- Cheating dad ‘beat blindfolded fiance to death with baseball bat then burnt body in front of mistress’
- CLOSE CURTAIN CALL: Costa del Sol pensioner cheats death as curtain stops bullet in ‘submachine gun’ shootout
- What is WikiLeaks and what are some of its biggest leaks? From Chelsea Manning’s cables to Emmanuel Macron’s hacked emails
- Jailed in December: Faces of 52 offenders sentenced to Christmas behind bars
- Vietnam police seize nearly 300 kilograms of meth
- British designer faces DEATH PENALTY in Bali after being found with cannabis oil
- Ex-soldier jailed for people smuggling
- The high life and secret jail sentences of ‘cocaine’ cruise pensioners Roger and Sue Clarke who ‘asked Brits to swap suitcases’
- Friends died after taking 'Dark Web' Ecstasy for the first time
Man sentenced to death for smuggling ecstasy from Europe to Vietnam have 470 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at September 21, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.