HCM CITY — L'Oréal, the worlds largest beauty company, and Lazada have declared a beauty e-commerce sustainability partnership, focused on reducing plastic packaging waste.
During the three-month trial period in Malaysia, Thailand and Việt Nam, plastic usage was reduced by the equivalent of 180,000 high-density polyethylene (HDPE) plastic water bottles. The initiative will also be introduced in the Philippines and Indonesia.
Their latest announcement builds upon efforts L'Oréal is undertaking across Asia to introduce sustainable e-commerce solutions. L'Oreal Vietnam has launched an e-commerce delivery initiative that uses plastic-free packaging for online purchases, from both Lazada and its own brand websites.
Vietnamese customers who purchase products from Garnier, Maybelline, L'Oreal Paris, Lancôme, Kiehl's, Yves Saint Laurent, Shu Uemura, Kerastase, L'Oreal Professionnel, Vichy, La Roche Posay and SkinCeuticals through LazMall flagship stores will now receive their delivery in a more eco-friendly parcel.
These parcels will use sustainable packaging materials as part of Lazada Logistics' Fulfilment by Lazada, the leading e-commerce platform in Southeast Asia. This includes using FSC-certified carton boxes filled with recycled shredded paper, made from returned parcels, to replace plastic fillers.
So far 85,000 green parcels have been delivered to consumers across 63 cities and provinces.
"Our Lazada partnership is another important step that we are taking towards reducing plastic waste. Under our L'Oreal for the Future commitment, we are taking responsibility to transform not only our direct operations but also to extend that to our business partnerships and broader footprint, including e-commerce. We are putting sustainability at the core of our business model and we aim to help empower consumers to make more sustainable choices. Greener packaging is just one of many ways in which the beauty industry can contribute to building an inclusive and sustainable society," said Manashi Guha, General Manager for the Consumer Product Division, L'Oréal South Asia Pacific, Middle East, North Africa.
This latest partnership is part of L'Oréal’s global sustainability ambitions, entitled "L'Oréal for the Future" and announced in 2020. — VNS
- OnPoint bringing expertise in new e-commerce phase
- E-commerce requires logistics reboot
- Vietnam’s e-commerce retailer Sendo bags US$61 million in series C funding
- Up to 90 per cent off at Lazada’s National Day Sale – here's how to score deals
- New Enterprise Singapore initiative to help SMEs break into e-commerce market
- More haste, less speed: E-commerce strats keeping pace with consumer shopping habits
- E-commerce realm requires roadmap
- e-Commerce grows by 36% in last quarter in India: Report
- The 10 most innovative beauty companies of 2021
- Circular economy critical for green and sustainable growth
- UAE and Vietnam attach great importance to sustainable development
- EVFTA helps ensure sustainable trade relations between Vietnam, EU
- Herbalife Vietnam recognised among nation’s most sustainable companies
- MCD and partners deepen footprints for environmental care in Nam Dinh
- Joining hands for sustainable water stewardship
- Vietnam seeks sustainable trade relations with US
- ManpowerGroup and MoLISA seek sustainable employment and business model in new normal
- 21 enchanting photographs about the beauty and cultural diversity of Vietnam
- Feature: Riding on e-commerce boom to counter pandemic fallout in Thailand
- Amazon is promoting eco-friendly shopping with its new 'Climate Pledge Friendly' program
L’Oréal and Lazada partner up to promote beauty e-commerce sustainability have 543 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at September 16, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.