New York (VNA) – It is of utmost importance that preparations be completed to enable the national elections in Libya at the end of this year be held in line with the agreed roadmap, Vietnamese Ambassador Pham Hai Anh told a UN Security Council briefing on the situation in Libya on September 10.
The event was attended by Special Envoy of the UN Secretary-General for Libya Jan Kubis and co-founder of Tamazight Women's Movement Asma Khalifa.
Vietnam shares concerns on the limited progress of the political and security tracks in the past months, the Deputy Permanent Representative of Vietnam to the UN said, adding that Vietnam calls on the relevant parties in Libya to resolve outstanding differences and expedite all necessary legal and logistical arrangements for the elections.
"We also underline the importance of ensuring full, equal and meaningful participation of women and youth in this process," he said.
He moved on to urge the UN Support Mission in Libya (UNSMIL) and the international community to continue to foster and support dialogue, confidence building measures and reconciliation efforts among the relevant parties.
It is imperative for all relevant parties to fully uphold the provisions of the 2020 Ceasefire Agreement, including the implementation of the ceasefire monitoring mechanism with the support from UNSMIL, he continued.
Anh voiced his support for the renewal of the UNSMIL's mandate in this critical period and commended the efforts to clear mines and explosive remnants of war in Libya with support of the UN Mine Action Service (UNMAS)./.
- Libya rivals, key players to discuss election plan in Italy talks
- ASEAN ministers agree on prioritised actions for environment
- ASEAN ministers agree on prioritised actions for environmental sustainability
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 9
- Vietnam, Cambodia agree to foster partnerships in various fields
- For Vietnam – Cambodia borderline of peace, friendship, cooperation and development
- Vietnam pledges great efforts as AIPA 41 Chair
- Official: Vietnam highly values partnership with EU
- Libya strongman Haftar in Rome ahead of crisis talks
- ASEAN ministers agree on prioritized actions for environmental sustainability
- Vietnam, Russia strengthen oil cooperation amid China aggression in South China Sea
- How to develop innovation ecosystem in Vietnam
- UK latest: Theresa May says cabinet has agreed on draft Brexit withdrawal deal
- Brexit: UK cabinet agrees draft deal, including solution to avoid Irish hard border
- Vietnam, Israel hold fifth round of negotiations on FTA
- Greece, Cyprus, Italy agree on pipeline to procure gas from Israel
- World News in Brief: September 18
- BUSINESS NEWS OCTOBER 10
- World News in Brief: September 12
- World News in Brief: September 14
Libya’s national poll should be held in line with agreed roadmap: Vietnam Ambassador have 422 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 11, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.