My An 1, which was carrying the clinker from the northern Quang Ninh Province to Ho Chi Minh City, was anchored near a buoy 12 km from Vung Tau, which borders HCMC, to clear a Covid-19 checkpoint at around 2:30 a.m. when the Lisa Auerbach rammed it.
The 138-meter ship was en route to Lotus port in Ho Chi Minh City, the Marine Administration of Vung Tau said.
All 17 members of the crew were rescued and taken on board by the Liberian ship.
The 15 people on the Lisa Auerbach were unharmed.
Authorities have marked the location of the sinking and issue maritime safety warnings. No oil spill had been detected as of Tuesday afternoon, and rescue forces are on standby in case a spill does occur.
The administration said the collision was an accident.
All people involved in the incident have been taken to Vung Tau for Covid-19 quarantine as a precaution.
An investigation has begun.
- Opinion: Don’t let ships sink Paris climate-change agreement
- Missouri tour boat captain indicted in sinking that killed 17
- Cruise ship passenger suffering chest pains rescued near Statue of Liberty
- 10 days after rescue_ Italy lets all migrants leave a ship
- Missouri duck boat captain indicted in fatal sinking
- Ferry company considers sinking vessel in Lake Champlain
- Eagle Bulk Shipping Inc. Reports Third Quarter 2018 Results
- Rescue Ship With Dozens Of Migrants Loses Registration, Told It Cannot Dock
- Pirates Storm Cargo Ship and Kidnap 12 Crew As Authorities Race to Rescue Them
- Russia's only aircraft carrier damaged while under repair as floating dry dock sinks
- To Never Forget September 11 Attacks, Three Naval Ships Bear the Names of the Crash Sites
- Tourists Rescued From Blazing Yacht After Lightning Strike
- Cruise Ships Scurry to Bahamas to Avoid Hurricane Florence
- Portugal to accept 10 of 58 migrants on Aquarius ship
- Duck boat owner seeks dismissal of some lawsuits over fatal sinking
- Company: Cruise ship disabled in Buzzards Bay has regained power
- Hurricane Victims Call for Help, and a Guy With a Boat Comes to the Rescue
- Feds indict Missouri duck boat captain after 17 die in sinking
- Ships Are Mysteriously Sinking as Cargo Suddenly Liquefies
- Coast Guard rescues patient from Liberian oil tanker
Liberian ship sinks Vietnamese vessel, 17 rescued have 340 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at September 15, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.