Vientiane (VNA) – The Lao Ministry of Health said that in the past 24 hours, the country recorded 214 new cases of COVID-19; of which there were 162 community infections.
The ministry announced that the COVID-19 situation in the country remains complicated. Notably, the capital Vientiane continues to have the highest number of community infections with 77 cases in one day. Of which, a serious outbreak at a garment factory in the area was detected on September 18, with 42 cases.
It said many COVID-19 cases in the capital were confirmed to be infected with Delta Plus – a highly infectious variant.
To date, the total coronavirus caseload in Laos has reached 19,399, including 16 deaths.
On the first day of lockdown, Vientiane authorities have set up checkpoints on main roads to check residents’ compliance with epidemic prevention measures and raise their awareness of the danger of the pandemic.
In other news, the national flag carrier Lao Airlines has just announced that it will stop operating all routes from the capital Vientiane to the provinces from September 20. At the same time, the Vientiane Southern Bus Station Management Board also said that it will suspend inter-city passenger transport until September 30./.
- Coronavirus | Andhra Pradesh records new high of 304 cases
- Covid 19: Maharashtra creates another daily record with 6,330 new cases, tally at 1,86,626
- U.S. records 45,242 new cases
- Surge continues as Malappuram records 37 cases
- Malappuram records 32 cases
- UP’s Covid 19 recovery rate at 68% against national average of 58.5%, 606 new cases on Sunday
- Dr. Fauci tells Americans to stop going to bars 'right now' to stem spread of Covid-19 and predicts US will have 100,000 new cases every DAY 'if things don't turn round' as number hits 40,000
- Suspected case in HCM City negative for SARS-CoV-2
- UA research team identifies compounds as antiviral agents for SARS-CoV-2
- SARS-CoV-2 looks like a hybrid of viruses from two different species
- New cases continue to mount in Palakkad, Malappuram, Kannur
- With 63 new cases, Malappuram sees biggest single-day jump
- Nigeria records 315 new cases of COVID-19, total now 12,801
- COVID-19: Nigeria records 501 new cases as total hits 15,682
- COVID-19: Nigeria records 675 new cases as total rises to 20,919
- Record rise in Coronavirus cases in Bengaluru: City registers 783 new cases, 1,267 cases in Karnataka
- Nigeria’s COVID-19 cases surpass 29,000 as NCDC announces 575 new cases
- With 17,296 new cases, India Covid tally nears 5 lakh; toll tops 15,000
- Asia Today: Australia's Victoria state reports 74 new cases
- State reports over 5,000 new cases; tally surges past 2.1 lakh
Laos records new cases of Delta Plus variant of SARS-CoV-2 virus have 393 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 20, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.