The Lao Ministry of Health said within the past 24 hours, the country recorded 331 new cases of COVID-19, of which 296 were community cases. The ministry said the capital area is still a COVID-19 hotspot as it continued to record the highest number of community infections in a day with 176 cases. To date, the total number of COVID-19 infections in Laos is 19,730, including 16 deaths.
The Vientiane Department of Health is carrying out contact tracing of patients in recent community cases in an effort to control the risk of a large-scale outbreak. At the same time, the Vientiane Capital Government also asked supermarkets and convenience stores to close during the city’s lockdown to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Food markets can open and only sell agricultural and fresh produce, while strictly following epidemic prevention measures. Gas stations can operate normally but must close before 6pm daily.
Many provinces also re-imposed lockdowns to curb the spread of the pandemic. Houphane has suspended all inter-provincial transport activities and those who want to enter the province must show certificates of fully vaccination and stay in quarantine for 14 days. Salavan province still keeps in place the lockdown order since September 10.
Meanwhile, some provinces of Laos, such as Houphane, Xiangkhouang, Attapeu and Savannakhet allow schools that are not in the red zone to reopen, provided that they strictly comply with epidemic prevention regulations provinces. For schools that cannot reopen yet, teachers and students are encouraged to teach and learn online, using electronic platforms and databases developed by the Ministry of Education and Sports./.
- Even children with no symptoms can spread Covid-19, CDC report shows
- Children CAN spread COVID-19 to adults without showing symptoms of the virus themselves, new CDC analysis of daycare centers confirms
- Laos calls on people to continue COVID-19 prevention measures
- Europe enacts new curbs as COVID-19 surges in absence of vaccine
- Most customers expect companies to accelerate digital initiatives due to COVID-19
- Contact centers reacted to COVID-19 quite well -- it's time to institutionalize best practices
- New CDC research shows young children can spread COVID-19, even if asymptomatic
- A quirk in human psychology that helps spread COVID-19
- Twitter Put A "Misleading" Warning On Trump's Tweet That He Could Not Get Or Spread COVID-19
- Fewer Pa. Coronavirus Patients Answering Basic Questions Needed For Contact Tracing
- Despite Strict Lockdown, Spain Sees Sharp COVID-19 Spike
- How Superspreaders - People and Places - Drive COVID-19 Pandemic
- French PM: No New Lockdown Despite COVID-19 Surge
- UN Agency: Resilient Cities Are Key to COVID-19 Recovery
- San Francisco 49ers Reactivate Star Linebacker Fred Warner From COVID-19 Injured Reserve
- Coronavirus Live Updates: India's COVID-19 Tally Soars Past 8 Million Mark
- Covid-19 smartphone app finally launches in England and Wales
- US Dow Plunges 943 Points as COVID-19 Cases Spike, Countries Issue Lockdowns
- What you should do if you or a loved one tests positive for Covid-19
- Covid-19 pandemic: Dining out, going to pubs linked to contracting coronavirus
Laos accelerates contact tracing to curb spread of COVID-19 have 497 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 21, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.