Kien Giang (VNA) – The southern province of Kien Giang is giving the top priority to accelerating COVID-19 testing to early detect and quarantine positive cases in order to cut off the source of infection, and put the pandemic under control before September 20.
According to the provincial Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control, from September 17-21, all residents in locked down areas will be tested, with total money for this work reaching 128 billion VND (5.63 million USD).
For high and very high risk areas such as Ha Tien city, and Chau Thanh, Hon Dat, Kien Luong and Giang Thanh districts, over 126,190 households with more than 475,300 members will get rapid testing regularly. Those in Rach Gia city will receive rapid testing every two days.
For safe areas, 5-10 percent of their population will be tested every 5-7 days.
The province has mobilised more than 7,130 people, including staff members of public and private health facilities and volunteers. Districts and cities have also deployed all resources to carry out the testing.
As of September 16, Kien Giang had recorded 4,113 infections and 37 fatalities. Over 1,750 patients have been given the all-clear so far./.
- Vietnam to begin testing COVID-19 vaccine on 20 people next week
- COVID-19: UK records 20,964 more cases - a rise of 4,386 in 24 hours
- Japanese locality leader lauds Vietnam’s success in COVID-19 control
- Michigan COVID-19 Restrictions Extended Through Dec. 20. Here’s Everything You Need To Know
- Asian Countries Handle New COVID-19 Cases without Lockdowns
- When Can You Get The COVID-19 Vaccine?
- Britain Becomes 1st Nation to Approve Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine
- Chinese-made COVID-19 Vaccine Nearly 90% Effective, UAE Says
- US Allows Emergency COVID-19 Vaccine in Bid to End Pandemic
- New York City Closes Schools Amid COVID-19 Surge
- UN Chief: Global COVID-19 Recovery Will Take Years
- Here's How the Three COVID-19 Vaccines Compare
- US Shortens COVID-19 Quarantine to 10 Days
- Hackers Targeting COVID-19 Vaccine Operations, IBM Warns
- US States Roll Out Apps Alerting People to COVID-19 Exposure
- 'Vaccine Nationalism' Leaves World’s Poorest Nations Unable to Secure COVID-19 Vaccine, UN Chief Says
- First COVID-19 Vaccines Could Be Administered By Year's End
- Britain Makes Final Preparations for First Round of COVID-19 Vaccinations
- German Chancellor Calls for Tighter COVID-19 Restrictions as Nation Sets New Daily Death Record
- Lon Adams, Slim Jim Jerky Recipe Creator, Dies of COVID-19
Kien Giang strives to put COVID-19 under control by September 20 have 398 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 17, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.