Italy has contributed over 1.6 million vaccine doses to Vietnam, making Vietnam one of the world’s largest vaccination recipients. Italy is also one of the European Union states that has provided the most aid to Vietnam through the mechanism.
The move underlines the Italian Government’s and people’s solidarity with Vietnam during this hard time, as well as the long-standing friendship and strategic partnership established in January 2013 between the two countries.
It is also the result of an active campaigning process at all levels, especially at high levels, including Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh's letter to Italian Prime Minister Mario Draghi as well as the latest efforts by the Vietnamese Government's working group in charge of vaccine diplomacy, ministries, agencies, and representative Vietnamese agencies in Italy.
Earlier on September 14, Vietnam received 812,060 vaccine doses from Italy to step up its vaccination drive.
Translated by Chung Anh
- UNICEF says will lead procurement, supply of COVID-19 vaccines in world’s largest operation
- Italian vaccine makers in race to produce flu doses before winter
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia September 4
- Race for Covid vaccine: Are Indian vaccine makers ready to supply to the world?
- US to put up $2.1 bn for Sanofi, GSK coronavirus vaccine
- With trials just starting, Adar Poonawalla gets a front-row seat to the global vaccine race
- New reckoning for WHO vaccine plan as governments go it alone
- AstraZeneca's coronavirus vaccine becomes third to begin Phase three trials in the United States
- COVID-19 vaccine diplomacy: Mexico courts allies across ideological spectrum
- 'One vaccine isn't enough': Mexico aims for its own coronavirus fix
- Trump's Mass-Producing Promising Vaccine Candidates, But WHO Says There May Never Be a 'Silver Bullet' Cure
- Vietnam calls for global cooperation in COVID-19 control at G20 meeting
- China Refuses to Send COVID Vaccine Samples to Canada During Diplomatic Row
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES SEPTEMBER 1
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia August 27
- The dangers of vaccine nationalism
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia August 30
- EU pays 336 million euros to secure AstraZeneca's potential COVID-19 vaccine
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia September 3
- Jacobson Pharma Collaborates with Fosun Pharma Group to Supply Potentially 10 Million Doses of BioNTech SE’s COVID-19 Vaccine Candidate in Hong Kong and Macau
Italy supports Vietnam with additional 796,000 vaccine doses have 361 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 24, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.