Two errors on the S1H branch of the AAE-1 submarine cable are scheduled to be fixed on November 2-14, a local Internet service provider (ISP) told VietNamNet.
|The errors on two submarine cables AAG and AAE-1 are expected to be fixed on September 26 and November 14, respectively. (Illustrative image)|
Asia-Africa-Europe 1 (AAE-1) is a 25,000km submarine cable from South East Asia to Europe across Egypt, connecting Hong Kong, Vietnam, Cambodia, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, India, Pakistan, Oman, the UAE, Qatar, Yemen, Djibouti, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Greece, Italy and France.
The AAE-1 cable system is designed with 100Gbps technology, with a designed trunk capacity of more than 40 Tbps on 5 fiber pairs. It has been put into operation since July 2017, with the role of improving quality towards Europe and the Middle East as well as providing additional capacity and redundancy towards the connection direction to Hong Kong (China), Singapore.
On September 4 and September 7, errors were reported on two segments of the S1H branch. The incidents disrupted Internet connection capacity from Vietnam to Singapore and Europe. This is the second time this year that the AAE-1 cable has had problems. The first occurred on May 25, which was fixed on July 12.
Meanwhile, another error occurred on August 11 on the Asia America Gateway (AAG) submarine cable,which has not been fully restored, affecting Internet connection between Vietnam and Singapore. It is expected that the repair of the AAG cable line will be completed on September 26.
This is not the first time that errors have occurred on both submarine cables at the same time. However, this time the incidents happened at the beginning of the new school year, when millions of students are studying online under the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic. Some users complained that their operations have been seriously affected due to poor Internet speed and network quality.
It is hoped that after the errors are fixed completely, Internet speed in Vietnam will improve.
- Superloop parts with Hong Kong business and Singapore assets for AU$140 million
- Why the stars might be aligning for the Northern Territory's space industry
- Don't Overlook WWE as an Investment
- The best (and worst) new iPhone 8/Plus features [Video]
- These Chinese military innovations threaten U.S. superiority, experts say
- World Wrestling Entertainment Inc (WWE) Q4 2020 Earnings Call Transcript
- Apple Watch Series 7 review roundup: the best, but not a compelling upgrade
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Uber - Build Back Better items on chopping block
- World Wrestling Entertainment Inc (WWE) Q3 2020 Earnings Call Transcript
- Is Biden creeping toward a trade strategy?
- "Normal" is why we ended up where we are. "Normal" is the last thing America should be going back to | Opinion
- Apple event recap: AirPods 3, new MacBook Pro, HomePod Mini and everything announced
- Apple Watch Series 7 Review: A Subtle, Brilliant And Essential Update
- Badly burnt koala rescued by grandmother in her underwear has been 'put to sleep'
- Bensalem Township: U.S. 1 Periodic Nighttime Lane Closures, Traffic Stoppages Next Week For Construction In Bucks County
- Planning To Buy An MG Astor? 5 Pros And Cons
- Apple Loop: iPhone 13 Battery Secrets, Sneaky iOS 15 Update, Stunning MacBook Pro Leak
- Colin Powell, Who Won First Gulf War and Was Humbled by the Second, Dead at 84
- The case for election technology in Nigeria, ECOWAS
- Colin Powell, who shaped U.S. national security, dies at 84
Internet speed expected to improve after AAE-1 submarine cable is fixed in mid-Nov have 535 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at September 15, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.