Jakarta (VNA) – Garuda Airlines – Indonesia ‘s national flag carrier – is reported to plan to cut a large number of wide-body aircraft, while retaining dozens of narrow-body aircraft to focus on its low-cost subsidiary Citilinks.
The Flightglobal.com website cited aviation data analytics company Cirium as saying that Garuda is looking to cut nearly 80 planes from its fleet and renegotiate or cancel orders for more than 90 others. According to the source, Garuda is expected to launch a settlement plan in order to carry out the restructuring of the group’s aircraft lease agreements as well as other debts.
The information was announced after Garuda lost the lawsuit for the payment of aircraft rental fees against two aircraft leasing companies Helice SAS and Atterrissage SAS at the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA), in which the court ordered the airline to pay the outstanding rent.
In the first half of 2021, Garuda continued to incur a loss of 12.870 billion Rupiah (902 million USD), up 25 percent year-on-year due to the prolonged travel restrictions. In its latest financial report, Garuda said its revenue fell 24 percent year-on-year to 696.8 million USD, of which passenger revenue nearly halved to 375.3 million USD.
In order to solve the problem, Garuda has implemented a number of cost-cutting measures, including renegotiating aircraft leases, adjusting flight routes and launching an early retirement programme, thereby helping to reduce operating costs by 15.9 percent to 1.3 billion USD in the first half of this year./.
- Phase 2 of Quad nations' Malabar naval exercise begins today
- Indonesia Deploys Special Combat Squad to South China Sea
- Air NZ: Dump the free wine, cheese and fancy videos, and cut your fares instead
- Ecological disaster as Japanese carrier spills 1,000 tonnes of crude oil on pristine beaches of Mauritius - as country's leader warns cracks in the ship are growing and they fear it could break in half
- Aircraft carrier sent to Gulf ‘as cover for troops leaving Iraq & Afghanistan’ after killing of Iran nuke scientist
- With global push for COVID-19 vaccines, China aims to win friends and cut deals
- Johnny 'Joey' Jones: Fox Nation Patriot Awards -- What patriotism means to me
- Iran Launches Huge Oceangoing Warship With Cutting-Edge Missile System Onboard – Photos, Video
- As Iran puts executed nuclear chief's body on display, how he was taken out: Power to the entire region was cut as gun and bomb attack blasted convoy before he was dragged from car and finished off... then the 12 assassins melted away
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 21 (updated hourly)
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia on April 13
- Second phase of Malabar exercise begins in northern Arabian Sea
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 19
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 16 (updated hourly)
- Vietnam Airlines online check-in service now available at Cat Bi airport
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 22 (updated hourly)
- Vietjet, Bamboo Airways seek Government financial aid
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 17 (updated hourly)
- Airlines seek government thrust to fly at pre-pandemic levels
- Domestic market to help tourism sector in post-COVID-19-period
Indonesia's national flag carrier to drastically cut its fleet have 476 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 20, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.