Hanoi (VNA) – Indonesia received two batches of COVID-19 vaccines totaling 5,2 million doses produced by Sinovac and Sinapharm of China on September 21.
According to Minister of Communication and Information Johnny G Plate, the vaccines were donated by the Red Cross Society of China.
Plate said Indonesia has had a total of 267,550,400 doses of COVID-19 vaccines, including 58,776,000 doses produced by Sinovac.
Indonesia launched its free national vaccination programme against COVID-19 on January 13. Indonesia had administered nearly 125 million doses by September 20, with more than 45 million people in the country having received two full shots.
Meanwhile, neighbouring Malaysia covered 80 percent of people aged 18 and above with two full shots against COVID-19 .
According to Malaysian Health Minister Khairy Jamaluddin, the Special Committee for Ensuring Access to COVID-19 Vaccine Supply of the country will continue efforts to vaccinate the remaining 20 percent of adults.
On September 21, Malaysia reported 15,759 COVID-19 cases, bringing the national tally to 2,127,934.
The same day, the Cambodia Ministry of Health confirmed 17 deaths and 628 new cases of COVID-19 in the past 24 hours. The country has to date documented 105,344 COVID-19 infections, including 2,140 deaths.
Notably, Delta variant infections from SARS-CoV-2 had spiked significantly to 5,751 in the country as of September 19, up over 2,000 cases compared to the statistics 10 days ago, according to Khmer Times./.
- BREAKING: Nigeria’s COVID-19 cases near 6,000 as NCDC announces 338 new cases
- The Latest: Indonesia sets new daily virus case record
- Coronavirus latest: China tells US to stop blame game
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia May 26
- Australia pushes forward with coronavirus inquiry despite China’s objections
- Coronavirus latest: Donald Trump bans travel to the US from Brazil
- The Latest: US sends Russia 50 ventilators, more to follow
- The Hill's Coronavirus Report: CDC Director Redfield responds to Navarro criticism; Mnuchin and Powell brief Senate panel
- What you need to know about coronavirus on Friday, May 22
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 25
Indonesia receives more COVID-19 vaccines from China have 308 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 21, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.