On September 17, Indonesia received 2.6 million doses of the Pfizer vaccine from the US, as well as 1 million doses of the Moderna vaccine and 968,360 doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine from France via the COVAX Facility.
To date, the US has so far granted 12 million doses for Indonesia, with the French Government committing to give the nation 3 million doses.
Meanwhile, the US government will begin shipping 2.58 million more doses of COVID-19 vaccine to the Philippines through the COVAX global distribution programme, a White House official said on September 16.
The latest shipments of vaccines made by Pfizer Inc and Germany’s BioNTech, bring the total number of vaccines sent to the Philippines to over 9 million, the official said.
In Thailand, Deputy Prime Minister and Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul has expressed belief that the country will achieve the goal of vaccinating 50 million people, or about 70 percent of the population, against COVID-19 at the end of this year.
The official said that the vaccination rate in Thailand is currently at a high level of 700,000 doses a day.
On September 16, Thailand had injected 41,858,386 doses of COVID-19 vaccines of all kinds, fulfilling 41.86 percent of the plan to inject a total of 100 million doses by the end of the year. Currently, about 20.81 percent of the local population is fully vaccinated./.
- Vaccine producers must step up
- What we know about G7 countries pledging 1 billion COVID-19 vaccines to poorer countries
- No winners or losers in vaccine diplomacy... yet
- Indonesia reports 5,001 new Covid-19 cases, 270 more deaths; total cases now above 4.16 million
- Indonesia records fewest deaths since June; only 270 recorded on Saturday (Sept 11)
- Why countries still want China's vaccines despite concerns over effectiveness
- Inoculations reach half of Cambodians as vaccine diplomacy intensifies
- Germany hands Vietnam 850,000 Covid vaccine doses
- How China's Sinovac vaccine got caught in the crossfire of Thailand's anti-government protests
- Oxford-AstraZeneca Q&A: How effective is the Covid-19 vaccine, and how is it different to Pfizer?
- Biden announces new vaccine mandates that could cover 100 million Americans
- Biden Mandates Vaccines for Workers, Saying, ‘Our Patience Is Wearing Thin’
- Biden steps into legal fight with vaccine mandates
- Employers scramble to secure vaccine verification systems
- 91 Countries Have Vaccinated Less Than 10% Of Their Populations As Wealthier Nations Face Calls To Help
- Australia has a self-interest in protecting its nearest neighbour PNG. So why has China accused it of 'vaccine sabotage'?
- COVAX to give 10M more doses of COVID vaccines to PH — WHO exec
- US pledges to purchase and share 500 million more COVID vaccines with poor countries
- US President Joe Biden Will Ask Leaders at UNGA to Vaccinate 70% of Each Nation by Sept Next Year
Indonesia, Philippines receive further COVAX vaccine aid, Thailand steps up vaccination have 451 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 17, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.