SOEs Minister Erick Thohir said on September 13 that the current transformation is not part of restructuring the enterprises or shrinking their number from 108 to 41, the ANTARA news agency reported.
Highlighting the four key areas of SOE transformation, he noted: "Firstly, we will ensure that the SOE as a corporation can make a consistent and large contribution to the state."
SOEs already have a track record of contributing greatly to the state over the last 10 years in the form of taxes and dividends. With the current state of this pandemic, the contribution of SOEs to the state must not decrease.
"One way to overcome this is by ensuring supply chains and ecosystems to make efficiency so that SOEs financials are still getting healthier,” Thohir said.
Secondly, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, people’s lives have changed and digitalisation has also changed. Thus, SOEs must prepare to compete in a very open market and have a very strong business model such as by synergizing ultra micro SOEs and micro, small, and medium enterprises (MSMEs) so as to have the strength to balance the economy, he went on.
Thirdly, how the SOE transformation actually impacts the community needs to be traced, the minister said, noting that easy access to funding should be ensured, especially in the ultra micro sector.
Fourthly, it is important that internally, SOEs are sustainable in every aspect, so that the transformation carried out by the previous leadership can be followed by the next leaders, the official added./.
- Malaysia's GDP bucks regional slowdown, FX rules eased to boost liquidity
- A Special Way for Self-Esteem to Transform Relationships
- Explainer: World's biggest trade pact shapes up without India
- Shared responsibility: Building and sustaining strong economic future for Nigeria
- Women Inc applaud 'pro-entrepreneurship' Budget, welcome emphasis on skilling
- China to Become World's First Economy by 2032 if Global Trends Continue
- Yadea electric vehicles to expand business in overseas markets
- Did You Know These Health Benefits Of Caviar?
- Sitharaman cuts corporate tax to China's level, 'historic' says PM
- BRI hailed as force for sustainable development
- Can Europe go carbon neutral by 2050?
- Tried everything to lead a healthier life but can’t succeed? This wellness journal devised by top TV doctors Chris and Xand van Tulleken could improve your diet, mood, sleep and strength
- Does Nirmala
- India and China: What Lies Ahead
- The 600 Horsepower BMW Vision M NEXT is BMW's Idea of a Hybrid Driver's Car of the Future
- Rugby World Cup: Japan defeats Russia as Kotaro Matsushima shines on opening night
- Star Wars: The Old Republic is the BioWare game you should play in 2019
- China to further unlock consumption potential for economic growth
- Putin courts investments in trip to Saudi Arabia
- 'Union Budget sincere and diligent but by no means path-breaking'
Indonesia boosts SOE transformation to ease pandemic’s impact have 469 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 14, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.