Hanoi (VNA) – Honda Vietnam reported the brand saw reductions of 14.5 percent and 54.9 percent in retail sales of motorbikes and cars, respectively, in August as compared to the previous month.
Specifically, in the motorcycle business segment, last month, the company sold a total of 98,789 vehicles, down 14.5 percent month-on-month and down 43.9 percent over the same period last year.
Wave Alpha was the bestseller, with 24,241 vehicles, accounting for 24.5 percent of the total. In the scooter line, Vision was the most popular, with sales of 27,004 units, or 27.3 percent.
Notably, Honda Vietnam exported 12,908 motorbikes to foreign markets.
In the auto business segment, in August, it sold a total of 567 vehicles, down 54.9 percent from the previous month and down 65.3 percent over the same period last year. Among Honda’s auto products, the CR-V model was the bestseller with 330 units, accounting for 58.2 percent.
This was the 5th consecutive month that Honda Vietnam had reported decrease in sales due to COVID-19 pandemic and social distancing in many provinces and cities across the country./.
- New car sales fall for tenth month in a row
- New car sales fall for 11th straight month
- After Indus and Suzuki, Honda also raises car prices
- Car sales rev up 20% to 19,237 units in Dec
- Despite 18% growth, FBR falls Rs99 billion short of revenue target
- Slowing U.S. auto sales prompts Japan automakers to rethink discounts
- New car sales down again in January as drivers continue to ditch diesel
- Eight-month data: Sales of automobiles jump 23% to 170,354 units
- UK new car sales record biggest drop since 2009
- H&M profits fall despite growing web sales
- Almost 18 months after the big vote, MPs finally got around to debating the important business of the Brexit Bill
- German industrial orders fall unexpectedly in November
- Record-breaking West End musical heading to Bradford
- UK car industry 'teetering over the edge' as production faces first drop since financial crisis
- Valentine’s Day no celebration for the high street
- Blackfriar: Good news rolls out for Asda but more needs to be done
- Fewer vacant shops and shoppers on Northern Ireland's streets
- House price imperfect storm?
- Everything that changes in France from December 2017
- Clouds Gathering Above European Stocks After Dismal Quarter
Honda Vietnam's sales fall for 5th consecutive month have 348 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 10, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.