The charming city with various beautiful landscapes, friendly people and 'arguably one of the best street food scenes on the planet' once again won the hearts of readers from Travel+Leisure magazine.
The US-based travel magazine- Travel+Leisure has just announced The World's Best Awards 2021 for the world's top travel destinations and services. Hoi An Ancient Town in Quang Nam Province of Vietnam is on the list of the 'Top 15 Cities in Asia'.
|A corner of Hoi An Ancient Town from a bird-eye view. Photo: Nguoi Hoi An|
According to the announced results, Hoi An city, Quang Nam province, ranked 13th on the list with 86.98 points. Located on the central coast, Hoi An ancient town is a paradise for tourists and photography, and food lovers.
In 1999, Hoi An ancient town was recognized by UNESCO as a World Cultural Heritage.
Hoi An city has also been honored many times by Travel+Leisure, with titles such as "The World’s Best City in 2019", "Top 10 Asian cities in 2018", among others.
According to Tanner Saunders, staff writer of Travel + Leisure, Hoi An is a charming city with ancient roots, distinct architecture, contagious energy, and arguably one of the best street food scenes on the planet.
Most importantly, it is home to friendly people who are eager to share the best their city has to offer.
"When it comes to places to stay, there are plenty of options: resorts, hotels, hostels, and guest houses," he wrote, "The highlight of Hoi An is definitely its vibrant food scene, where there are a lot of restaurants that might just do one thing, but do it perfectly."
"Make sure to stop at two of Hoi An's best restaurants: Hai Dao for Banh Xeo (a sort of Vietnamese crepe filled with simple, but delicious greens and meats that make my mouth water just writing this) and Bong Hong Trang for 'white rose' dumplings folded right before your eyes," he added.
|Hoi An Ancient Town is an exceptionally well-preserved example of a South-East Asian trading port from the 15th to the 19th century. Photo: Nguoi Hoi An|
Ranked first on the list this year award is the city of Udaipur (India) with 91.63 points. Travel+Leisure says the city is a must-visit destination for world travelers with its many large lakes and canals. Udaipur is also known as 'Venice' of India.
The World's Best Awards 2021 is an award from Travel + Leisure magazine for the world's top travel destinations and services.
This year's World’s Best Awards poll was open for voting from January 11 through May 10, 2021, as destinations around the world were lifting COVID-19 restrictions. Survey rules have always allowed readers to reflect on their travel experiences over a three-year period.
In order to select the top 15 leading tourist cities in Asia, the travel site Travel+Leisure based on readers' reviews of cities according to criteria such as places to visit, culture, cuisine, hospitality, shopping, among others.
Travel+Leisure hopes that this year's honorees will inspire people to get back out into the world.
- Countries in Southeast Asia impose far-reaching restrictions as coronavirus cases jump
- Millions in India under coronavirus lockdown as major cities restrict daily life
- Los Angeles: a city that outgrew its masterplan. Thank God
- From murder capital to model city: is Medellín's miracle show or substance?
- Under watch: Indian city workers protest digital surveillance
- Story of cities #16: how the US-run Canal Zone divided Panama for a century
- Tourists express thanks to Hoi An doctors after quarantine time
- Mist plays hide and seek in Hoi An
- HCM City FC ranked in Asia’s top 100 teams
- Europe loses 'world's most expensive city' crown to Asia
- Shanghai surprise: are China's OECD education ranking scores all they seem?
- Indian shuttlers want BWF to freeze rankings
- Gaggan Anand's Bangkok restaurant wins 'Asia's 50 Best Restaurants' award
- Africa talks tough against coronavirus but many wonder why
- UPDATE 1-Africa talks tough against coronavirus but many wonder why
- Vietnam climbs up happiness index ranking
- NFL Power Ranking: Baltimore Ravens Are New #1 Based on Computer Projection
- NBA Power Ranking: Clippers Top Lakers and Bucks as of Now
- 'Justice League' Presales Outpacing 'Wonder Woman' on Fandango
- Three local restaurants make Asia’s 50 Best list: Korea is now home to the region’s top female chef, Cho Hee-sook
Hoi An ranked among top 15 most wonderful cities in Asia have 724 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at September 17, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.