Ho Chi Minh City authorities have asked medical facilities to conduct COVID-19 tests on every visitor with symptoms of a cough, fever, and difficulty breathing to detect positive cases early and prevent the risk of transmission.
The municipal Department of Health announced the decision in a document on Friday.
Accordingly, people visiting medical facilities for a cough, a fever, trouble breathing, or respiratory inflammation must all be tested for COVID-19.
Workers at those facilities are also subject to testing every three days.
More medical workers will be mobilized to give assistance in sample collection.
In addition, the health department requested medical facilities to continue instructing people in conducting rapid antigen tests on their own, under the assistance of medical staff or trained volunteers in a safe manner.
The municipal Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control previously issued a document on beefing up mass testing in the city early this week.
Accordingly, authorities in districts and Thu Duc City were requested to report on their local testing results and the classification of areas by risk levels, as well as continue with the testing drive in very high- and high-risk zones until September 15.
The national system of COVID-19 case management recorded 7,539 new cases in Ho Chi Minh City between 5:00 pm Thursday and 5:00 pm Friday.
The southern metropolis has documented a total of 286,242 local infections since a new bout hit Vietnam on April 27.
- HCM City real estate in need of jumpstart
- Vietnam keeps rate of new HIV cases lower 0.3 percent
- Vaping May Cause a Rare Condition Known as 'Popcorn Lung,' New Case Report Suggests
- More Than 120 Cases Of Lung Disease In 15 States Could Be Linked To Vaping
- Methods proposed to thwart large-scale water pollution
- Common grounds in urban disputes
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 20
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 21
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 23
- Selecting the direction for North-South High-Speed Railway
- First level-2 field hospital returns home
- Vietnam's first level-2 field hospital returns home
- Pork shortage in Vietnam expected later this year
- Family of Sydney retiree jailed in Vietnam says Canberra's response would be stronger if he was a 'white Australian'
- HCMC in dire need of blood for Thalassemia patients
- Keeping your belongings safe when travelling in Vietnam (Part 1)
- Vietnam health minister retires mid-term, targets unmet
- Vietnam health minister retires mid-term
- Korean Air to introduce Boeing 787-10 for first time in Korea
- Pork price hikes drive up related food costs
Ho Chi Minh City tests all cough, fever, difficulty breathing cases for COVID-19 have 401 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at September 11, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.