homeless people , 336 were taken to Tan Dinh Mental Health Nursing Center and Chanh Phu Hoa Social Support Center located in Binh Duong Province, 479 to Binh Duc Social Support Center and Tan Hiep Social Support Center sited in Binh Phuoc Province, and the last 118 to HCMC Social Support Center or back to their original home.
During the latest Covid-19 outbreak in HCMC, social organizations have received 330 drug addicts with no stable accommodation. 575 drug addicts were forced by the court to compulsory rehabilitation facilities in the provinces of Binh Duong, Binh Phuoc, Dak Nong, and Dong Nai.
At present, social support centers are taking care of more than 12,600 drug addicts and 6,000 vagrants.
The People's Committees of all districts and Thu Duc City in HCMC are checking and documenting drug addicts, beggars and homeless people in their areas to send to available social support centers.
However, since many provinces now request that HCMC stop sending people out during the social distance period, the HCMC Social Support Center is facing temporary overloading state when it and its branches have to take care of a large number of drug addicts.
Therefore, the HCMC Department of Labors, War Invalids and Social Affairs proposed that HCMC People's Committee ask for direction from the Special Task Force under the Southern Branch of the National Steering Committee for Covid-19 Prevention and Control in sending drug addicts to suitable rehabilitation facilities or social support centers for timely and appropriate medical care and management.
By Manh Hoa – Translated by Vien Hong
- How do you help homeless people in the hot weather?
- Ad Agency At SXSW Conference Using Homeless People As Mobile Hotspots
- New York's Girl Scout Troop 6000 is Taking Girls from Homeless Shelters to Summer Camp
- Club Med takes good advice and goes social too
- San Diego City Council moves forward with homeless action plan
- I invite him to come to Derry: Sinn Fein MP responds to Taoiseach jibe over James McClean homeless gesture
- 'He actually cares': why young voters are backing Corbyn's Labour
- The Beauty of the Philippines and its Wonderful People
- Dorsey tweetstorm bashes Prop C, SF measure to help homeless
- How Lack Of Dental Care Can Lead To Poverty In CA
- HCMC judge arrested for trespass, commandeering woman's house
- Silicon Valley's 'car people' push homeless crisis to the brink
- Sheltering the homeless from the cold is personal for this deputy. She’s looking for her brother.
- Documentary 'The Homeless Chorus Speaks' gives voice to society's 'walking wounded'
- New doc putting human face on homelessness to air in Utah
- Cenk Uygur Slams Fox News And John Stossel For Making Fun Of Poor People
- Homeless camps hit by storm as Colorado Springs' creekside camping ban takes effect
- Cher Asks How Can Los Angeles Take More Immigrants: ‘MY CITY… ISNT TAKING CARE OF ITS OWN’
- Someone San Diego Should Know: Taking control after a bumpy start
- Report: Alta Bates closure would critically impact poor, people of color
HCMC takes good care of homeless people during Covid-19 pandemic have 512 words, post on www.sggpnews.org.vn at September 17, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.