Over the past few days, health workers at the District 7 Hospital and the Cu Chi General Hospital have cleaned up Covid-19 wards and other areas, disinfecting the premises including items like blankets, pillows and medical equipment.
Both hospitals will retain a quarantine zone each for coronavirus cases where temporary treatment will be provided before the patients are transferred to full fledged Covid-19 treatment facilities.
The District 7 Hospital has treated around 1,317 Covid-19 cases over the past two months, while the Cu Chi General Hospital of Cu Chi District has treated hundreds over the past month.
For the last five months, 95 hospitals in Ho Chi Minh City have participated in the Covid-19 fight by treating coronavirus cases. It is the first time that the city has had to deploy different types of hospitals to combat the virus, including field hospitals, hospitals which specialize in treating Covid-19 cases and hospitals which treat both coronavirus and non-coronavirus patients.
Thousands of health workers were also mobilized from all over the country to help the epicenter of the pandemic fight the virus.
With the coronavirus situation in city showing signs of being put under control, and a strategic shift being made to live safely the virus instead of eliminating it completely, HCMC has prepared plans to revert hospitals and other institutions to their original functions while retaining their capabilities to respond to the disease.
Field hospitals erected on the premises of schools, dorms and offices, as also district general hospitals, would be prioritized in this process.
Ho Chi Minh City, epicenter of the fourth coronavirus wave, has recorded 376,171 local Covid-19 cases so far in the new wave. A total of 14,499 people in the city have died.
- HCMC Covid-19 Intensive Care Centers come into operation
- Travel declaration rule jams HCMC Covid-19 checkpoints
- Tan Binh exhibition center transformed into Covid-19 treatment hospital
- COVID-19 | Delhi hospital reports ‘troubling rise’ in neurological cases in post-COVID patients
- Thua Thien-Hue to set up additional Covid-19 field hospitals
- Covid-19: 'Toughest week yet' of pandemic for NI hospitals
- Covid-19: Universities to return to face-to-face teaching
- Coronavirus news live: Another 674 dead from Covid-19 in hospitals and care homes as Boris returns to daily briefings
- Lafayette pediatricians urge vaccination against COVID-19 as children return to school
- Covid-19: Some hospitality workers asked to work during lockdown in apparent breach of restrictions
- Covid-19: NI hospital patients and visitors urged to wear masks
- Covid-19: Oxfordshire hospitals cancel ops amid 'huge challenges'
- 30 People in Maharashtra's Nashik Infected with Delta Variant of Covid-19, Says Hospital
- Hanoi keeps sending medical workers to support HCMC’s Covid-19 fight
- HCM City receives more assistance for COVID-19 fight
- On Covid-19 frontlines, health workers run gauntlet of death, illness
- Baby Girl With COVID-19 Airlifted 150 Miles Away Due To Houston Hospital Bed Shortage
- US Averaging 107,000 New COVID-19 Cases a Day
- Health Officials In Texas Warn Of Full ICUs As COVID-19 Surge Worsens Across The State
- Australia Records Worst Day of COVID-19 Infections
HCMC Covid-19 specialty hospitals return to pre-pandemic roles have 467 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at September 28, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.