HCM City will gradually reopen economic activities in areas with less risk of COVID-19 infection after September 30.
|HCM City's Cu Chi District welcomes visitors after a long period of social distancing due to the COVID-19 pandemic. — VNA/VNS Photo|
The outlying district of Cu Chi, which has basically kept the COVID-19 outbreak under control, has been chosen to pilot a new scheme of operation for the city after September 15.
Nguyen Quyet Thang, secretary of the Cu Chi District Party Committee, said the district has divided its localities into four levels.
Areas with a high risk of COVID-19 infection will apply levels 1 and 2, and the “new normal” areas with low risks of infection will apply levels 3 and 4.
Areas at level 1 will continue to strictly follow the "stay where you are" order, control the movement of residents from 6am to 6pm, and suspend operations of traditional markets and construction works.
Level 2 areas will allow businesses and production facilities to resume their operations if they meet safety requirements of pandemic prevention and control, and will allow people with a COVID-19 green card to take part in production and social activities, and go to the market once a week.
Cultural and religious activities will remain suspended.
Areas at level 3 will restart economic development, ensuring social security and people's lives. People will be allowed to travel within the district, except for high-risk areas, and must continue to comply with the health ministry’s 5K message: khẩu trang (facemask), khử khuẩn (disinfection), khoảng cách (distance), không tụ tập (no gathering), and khai báo y tế (health declaration).
Non-essential services and businesses (such as beauty salons, karaoke, pubs, bars and massage), and cultural and religious activities will remain closed.
At level 4, pandemic prevention and control measures will be carried out in the “new normal” situation. People will be allowed to gather in outdoor and indoor activities. Cultural and religious activities and weddings will be allowed, and production and business activities will resume.
Cu Chi District is only applying levels 1 and 2, Thắag said.
After September 30, the district's Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control will evaluate the pandemic control situation in levels 1 and 2 areas to consider upgrading them to levels 3 and 4, he said.
The city has recently piloted tours to Cu Chi and Can Gio districts after a long period of social distancing.
In a related matter, city authorities are urgently reviewing the list of beneficiaries of the third COVID-19 support package to quickly provide relief to the needy by October 4.
Source: Vietnam News
- HCM City leaders praise overseas Vietnamese contributions
- Tết specialities from all over the country available in HCM City
- HCM City calls for WB’s support to build internatonal financial centre
- HCM City calls for WB’s support to build int’l financial centre
- HCM City leader commends religious dignitaries during pre-Tết visits
- Trophy city 2.0: can the former Soviet Stans kick dictator chic?
- Story of cities #50: the reclaimed stream bringing life to the heart of Seoul
- Voice calls, SMS to be restored on prepaid mobiles across J&K
- The rise of the cashless city: 'There is this real danger of exclusion'
- Rising markets, falling economy: Which indicator will reverse first?
- The next Tokyo? Plan for 'flood-defence city' boasts first mile-high skyscraper
- Foreign property buyers flock to high-end market
- The first Starbucks coffee shop, Seattle - a history of cities in 50 buildings, day 36
- 'Astonishing' drug restores sight of blind rugby player: How one-off injection into both eyes brought back vision of 25-year-old law graduate
- Uzodinma to set up SEDARC to revamp Imo economy
- The recession in global car sales shows no sign of ending
- A report card for Trump's economy
- 17 countries with the strongest economy
- Detroit granted bankruptcy protection after judge rules in city's favour
- PTI govt unable to give relief until economy stabilises
HCM City to start gradually restoring economy by end of September have 631 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at September 23, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.