Deputy Director of the municipal Center for Disease Control and Prevention Nguyen Hong Tam said as of September 15, the city gave 8,452,609 vaccine shots, including 6,667,018 first and 1,785,591 second shots. As many as 969,451 people aged above 65 and having underlying medical conditions were vaccinated.
Deputy Director of the municipal Health Department Nguyen Hoai Nam said the city is seeking approval from the Health Ministry to reduce the time between two AstraZeneca COVID-19 shots from the usual eight to 12 weeks down to six weeks to speed up immunization.
According to him, the city has been conducting large-scale testing, which is the reason why the number of COVID-19 cases recorded in recent days remain high, fluctuating at between 4,000 – 6,000 a day. However, the rate of infections among tests has dropped remarkably, from 3.6 percent during the first testing drive in high-risk areas (classified as red and orange areas) from August 23-27 to 2.7 percent in the second drive and 1.1 percent in the third drive.
Nam said mass testing will continue with at least twice or thrice more to discover all infections in the community.
From 0 a.m. on September 16, the city adjusted several social distancing measures depending on areas till September 30, allowing shippers to deliver goods across districts but they must test for COVID-19 every two days and follow prevention and control measures.
Colonel Le Manh Ha from the municipal Department of Public Security said travel permits have also been issued to qualified residents.
Deputy Director of the municipal Department of Industry and Trade Nguyen Nguyen Phuong said about 30,000 shippers in the city had received one vaccine shot. The number of registered shippers could increase in the near future, making it easier for residents to place orders.
- Transport Ministry seeks green light for HCM City to identify investors for expressway
- HCM City tries to get smart with plans for ‘Silicon Valley’
- HCM City will make fair compensation for Thu Thiem residents: official
- Government Inspectorate report critical of HCM City handling of Thu Thiem
- Four ways to help transform HCM City into a financial hub
- HCM City looks to IT for better administration
- Red tape delays launch of HCM City metro line until 2021
- City seeks long-term, flood-prevention measures
- New infrastructure approved for Thu Thiem resettlement area
- Schools ready for new school year in early September
- How American sports franchises are selling their cities short
- Highlights of New York’s Congressional Primary-Election Results for the Vaguely Interested
- Man loses hands and feet after dog-related infection
- Session preview: "It's basically Demon's Souls on a skateboard"
- A new race starts for consumer lenders
- NFL Week 12 odds, picks: Cowboys shock Patriots in New England, 49ers roll past Packers on Sunday night
- China funds planning of new railway in northern Vietnam: ministry
- China funds planning of new railway in northern Việt Nam: ministry
- Bowie, bikinis and the Beverly Hilton: New book of photos capture California in the '70s and '80s showing San Francisco's streets, the Golden Gate's 50th anniversary, and LA's celebrities
- Household business requires a new rule for better management
HCM City: first shots basically completed, new infections down have 486 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 18, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.