HCM City (VNA) – The People's Council of Ho Chi Minh City has approved the largest-ever relief package worth over 7.3 trillion VND (321.3 million USD) to support people affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Nguyen Thi Le, Chairwoman of the municipal People's Council, said on September 23 that the package targets more than 7.3 million people of the five groups, regardless of their permanent or temporary residence in the city.
People eligible for the support are members of poor and near-poor households and social policy beneficiaries who are in difficult circumstances; those rendered jobless by the pandemic and their dependents; parents, spouses and children of pensioners, people receiving social allowances due to work capacity loss and social insurance participants who were paid by businesses in August but need financial assistance; and needy migrant workers living in the city. Each of them will receive 1 million VND.
Le affirmed that the package will be rolled out publicly and transparently, with simple procedures.
According to the municipal People's Committee, around 2 million households with more than 6 million people in the country's biggest economic centre need assistance, of whom nearly 1 million have lost their jobs.
To ensure equality in the work, residential areas will set up working groups to review the list of beneficiaries./.
- HCM City targets eco-friendly packaging
- Three exhibitions begin in HCM City
- HCM City to preserve 16 old villas as part of preservation scheme
- HCM City to launch international design contest for Ben Thanh station
- City approves additional compensation for Thủ Thiêm residents
- HCM City pledges favorable conditions for British investors
- HCM City: Former director involved in golden land lot prosecuted
- Grab launches GrabKitchen in HCM City, first 'cloud kitchen' in VN
- It’s Vietbuild expo time again in HCM City
- HCM City automobile registration fee doubles
- Series of int’l textile & garment industry exhibitions open in HCM City
- Printing, packaging industries exhibition attracts over 375 companies
- Smart city challenges Gov’t and localities
- Ministry to propose credit package to help car companies drive forward
- Plan approved for Thác Bà Lake tourist site
- City set to host first international bakery equipment show
- Germany approves climate measures seen as weak by activists
- Budget 2018: £1.5billion package to help struggling high streets
- Brussels plans new EU packaging rules to cut waste
- City deal welcomed by council
HCM City approves largest-ever relief package have 381 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 24, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.