Hanoi is on the lookout for COVID-19 vaccines for children, chairman of the municipal People's Committee Chu Ngoc Anh said on Thursday.
In addition, the city is also planning to ensure two-dose vaccine coverage for residents by November, chairman Anh announced at a meeting of the local People’s Council .
Despite facing many struggles engendered by the coronavirus pandemic, which resurged in late April and is still wreaking havoc, the city managed to meet certain economic and social achievements.
However, many other goals, including public budget revenue, fell short, while livelihoods and the daily life of local dwellers have been significantly affected.
The city is seeing positive results with its social distancing tactics, as reflected by a declining daily caseload and a reduction of at-risk zones over the past few weeks.
As of September 20, Hanoi's vaccination drive had administered 6,386,058 jabs to 5,691,664 residents, or 94.4 percent of its adult population.
Most of the unvaccinated are people with official recommendations against taking the jabs after undergoing pre-screenings.
A total of 694,394 local dwellers have received the two-dose regimen, accounting for 8.4 percent of the local adult demographic.
"The city has rolled out solutions at full force, but it still takes the realistic conditions and residents' wellness into consideration," the chairman said.
In the last months of 2021, Anh said the city will focus on eight sets of goals, including an economic growth rate of 6.98 percent in the fourth quarter and 4.54 percent for the entire year, as well as a high priority on epidemic prevention.
"The stakes are high for the remaining months of 2021, but the city authority will exert itself to complete the goals set previously," chairman Anh said.
- French most distrustful in world about vaccines
- 'Now my son can also get the HPV vaccine'
- 6 Things You Need to Know About Vaccinations
- Irish people have less trust in vaccines than the global average
- Johnson hits out at anti-vaccination ‘mumbo jumbo’ on internet
- Taliban blocks polio vaccination campaign
- Spanish doctor suspended for claiming vaccines cause autism
- Decision on schools ban for unvaccinated children soon
- France has lowest levels of trust in vaccines globally
- The countries that trust vaccines the least
- Flu jab take-up so strong vaccine supplies low
- Leftover Northland meningococcal vaccines could expire
- BBC Devon & Cornwall Live: 19 August 2019
- How to convince the public that vaccines are safe
- Ebola vaccine hampered by deep distrust in eastern Congo
- MMR vaccine target not met in Belfast Trust
- Measles vaccination 'should be compulsory'
- Child MMR vaccination numbers fall
- MMR vaccination rates in Coventry at 10-year low
- Low vaccination rate means risk of disease outbreaks on Guam
Hanoi sources supply of COVID-19 vaccines for children have 435 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at September 24, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.