Police officers and residents in Hanoi have resorted to brute force to tackle a car driver who allegedly caused a hit-and-run accident in Ba Dinh District this week.
The incident took place around 12:20 pm on Thursday on Thuy Khue Street in Ba Dinh District, where an unplated car of Beijing brand crashed into multiple vehicles before attempting to flee the scene, eyewitnesses said.
The collisions defaced the front bumper of the Beijing vehicle, but the driver still tried to drive it off, ignoring police and local residents' calls for cooperation.
The disturbance triggered brief congestion on Thuy Khue Street.
"Police showed up at the scene, requiring the driver to pull over and get out of the car, but the suspect did not cooperate," an eyewitness said.
In order to protect other civilians, police officers and several residents smashed the car window and forced the driver to get out.
After being escorted to the nearby police station, the driver claimed he had lost control over the car and panicked after crashing into two other vehicles, which led to his defiance of police orders.
"The suspect was tested for drug use, but the result came out negative," said a police officer.
'He was brought back to the scene to clarify more details."
Local law enforcement is working to investigate the cause of the crash.
- Man who filmed furious police officer smashing his car windscreen speaks out about the forceful attack
- Incredible footage shows tidal surge smashing cars against wall – as cops are accused of ‘overhyping’ UK storm threat
- Amazing moment a prisoner thrown out of rear window of police car when it crashes – before promptly running off
- Cop fights for life after being blasted twice in the face before gunman is shot dead attempting second hit
- 7 dead in West Texas mass shooting, police chief says
- Charlotte police shooting: 'State of emergency' declared after violence
- The Texas shooting heroes: How brave locals shot then pursued gunman in 95mph chase before running his car off road
- Gunshots heard on Capitol Hill ‘after female maniac crashed into police car and tried to run down cops’
- Berlin terror cops arrest man after bomb squad find ‘car with cables and gas canisters’ outside day-care centre
- Maniac ploughs his car into Butlins chalet in ‘act of revenge’ after row with ex-missus
- Twisted ‘firestarter’ with half a SKULL grins in police mugshot as he is charged with attempted murder over Florida arson
- Inside the mind of serial killer who ‘kept woman chained like a dog’ and left trail of clues to grisly crimes . . . on Amazon
- ‘Knife-wielding teens who ploughed car into pub revellers at 50mph were fleeing a ROBBERY before horror hit-and-run’
- Horrifying moment machine gun cops smash their way into WRONG house during raid leaving mum and six-year-old terrified
- 11 of the most epic Emmerdale deaths of all time – from cars cliff-diving to burning barns
- The incredible story of Britain’s most lethal police marksman, Tony Long
- Chilling footage of ‘serial child abductor’ who entered victims’ homes in early hours as parents slept
- A Texas Ranger got a prolific serial killer to talk. This is how
- Rapist and serial killer of five by his teens: The real story behind Monte Rissell - the murderer with an IQ of 120
- Suspect injured along with five cops in Finsbury Park house explosion following ‘bailiff row’ has died
Hanoi police, residents smash car window to tackle serial hit-and-run suspect have 565 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at September 17, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.