HÀ NỘI — The National Institute for Hygiene and Epidemiology has issued a decision to allocate 8 million doses of Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine Vero Cell to 25 localities across the country.
The vaccines are new donations from HCM City-based Vạn Thịnh Phát, following the deal for 5 million doses of the Chinese vaccines that the private group sponsored and donated to HCM City in late July, which have also been used in many southern localities amid the ongoing severe coronavirus outbreaks.
In the latest allocation plan, the northern region received the majority of the doses.
The capital city of Hà Nội receives 1,359,000 doses, followed by Quảng Ninh Province with 700,000 doses.
Lạng Sơn, Yên Bái, Hải Phòng receive 500,000 doses each, followed by Bắc Ninh with 400,000 doses, Bắc Giang and Nam Định with 200,000 doses, Hưng Yên with 147,000, Vĩnh Phúc with 100,000, and Hải Dương with 94,400.
Four central provinces of Thanh Hoá, Nghệ An, Quảng Trị, and Bình Định receive 200,000 doses each, while the south-central coastal province is allocated 300,000 doses.
For the southern region, HCM City is allocated the largest amount with 500,000 doses, followed by Kiên Giang Province with 300,000 doses. Long An, Lâm Đồng, Tây Ninh, Bến Tre, Đồng Tháp provinces each got 200,000 doses. Bà Rịa-Vũng Tàu got 100,000 doses, Tiền Giang is allocated 96,200 doses.
Vạn Thịnh Phạt Group itself is allowed to keep 200,000 doses, to be stored at the cold storage of Sapharco, also the importer of the vaccines.
The Pasteur Institute in HCM City received the vaccines
To date, Việt Nam has received some 50 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines. 34.6 million doses have been administered so far.
Also in a related move, the Drug Administration of Việt Nam has agreed to allow Vimedimex to import 30 million doses of Hayat-Vax COVID-19 vaccines.
Hayat-Vax are basically Sinopharm Vero Cell vaccines, only that they are packaged by Julphar Gulf Pharmaceutical Industries in the United Arab Emirates (still noted to be produced by Beijing Bio-Institute of Biological Products Co. Ltd., subsidiary of China National Biotec Group, the producer of Sinopharm).
It was given conditional approval by the Vietnamese health ministry for emergency use on September 10, the seventh to obtain such authorisation, after AstraZeneca, Pfizer/BioNTech, Sputnik V, Moderna, Janssen, and Sinopharm's Vero Cell.
According to Assoc. Prof. Phd Trịnh Văn Lẩu, former director of the Central Institute for Drug Accreditation, rigorous quality controls are implemented in six steps – first, by Sinopharm, then by UAE's health ministry, then by Gulf Pharmaceutical Industries one more time before bottling the vials, by the UAE's health ministry once again before the batches of vaccines are transported to Việt Nam. The Vietnamese importer with the help of the National Institute for Control of Vaccines and Biologicals have also inspected the documentation and records of the vaccine batches are delivered at the end of this week.
And finally, the National Institute for Control of Vaccines and Biologicals will assess the quality of the batches in Việt Nam before giving the greenlight for use in Việt Nam. — VNS
- Hialeah Gets 1,000 Doses Of COVID-19 Vaccine, Will Be Distributed To Four Senior Housing Locations
- Peru Investigates COVID-19 Vaccination Scandal
- Indonesia orders 20 million Covid-19 vaccine doses for private inoculations
- Russian scientists hail results of COVID-19 vaccine trial
- Red Cross boosts COVID-19 vaccine hopes for poor as jabs arrive in Iran
- India frets over wastage of 'elixir-like' Covid-19 vaccines
- ‘We’re Ready To Go’: Towns Eager To Help Distribute COVID-19 Vaccines
- Japan says it will bear cost of COVID-19 vaccines for populace
- Singapore: Moderna Covid-19 vaccine to start being administered at four new vaccination centres; 11 imported cases reported
- COVID-19: Singapore to distribute improved reusable masks via vending machines, community centres from May 26
- Spain will administer two doses of BioNTech-Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine, minister says
- Here’s what happens in your body when you get a COVID-19 vaccine
- Emergent BioSolutions In Baltimore Among Local Companies Working On Potential COVID-19 Vaccine
- Cut in supplies of Pfizer COVID-19 vaccines to hit Canada, Europe too
- China Olympic committee offers COVID-19 vaccines for Tokyo Games: IOC
- Hanoi, Hai Phong get green light for private funding to buy Covid-19 vaccines
- Albertsons, Vons, Costco Pharmacies To Carry Future COVID-19 Vaccine
- Singapore approves Pfizer-BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine in Asia first: What you need to know about the shot
- ‘Moderna Arm’: Some People Develop Reaction To Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine
- India-Finland virtual summit: PM Narendra Modi underlines country's efforts in COVID-19 vaccination outreach
Hà Nội allocated 1.4m doses of Sinopharm's COVID-19 vaccine in latest distribution of 8m doses have 784 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at September 20, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.