HÀ NỘI — Deputy Prime Minister Lê Minh Khái on behalf of the Prime Minister has approved funding to purchase nearly 20 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine BNT162 by Pfizer.
According to the decision, signed on September 17, more than VNĐ2.65 trillion (US$115.95 million) sourced from the national COVID-19 vaccine fund (which to date has about $378 million in donations) will be used to purchase nearly 20 million doses of the mRNA vaccine and activities related to the administration of the vaccine at the request of the Ministry of Health.
Relevant ministries are asked to take responsibility for the management, use and payment of the amount in an economic, effective, open and transparent manner.
The health ministry is required to report the use of the sum to the Prime Minister.
Earlier, the Ministry of Health and Pfizer signed an amendment of the definitive supply agreement for an addition 20 million doses – reportedly reserved for children aged 12-18 years old in the country – on top of the original deal for 31 million doses. — VNS
- 20 Million Doses Of Pfizer’s Covid-19 Vaccine Headed To Spain In Early 2021
- 2.4 million doses of vaccines administered, 87,168 new cases and 990 deaths in past week of July 17-23
- We fact checked Chris Bowen on Pfizer vaccine deals. Here's what we found
- Pfizer vaccine: Eight weeks between jabs is 'sweet spot' for the best protection
- COVID-19: Australia buys 20 million Pfizer vaccines after sharp turn from relying on AstraZeneca
- Hospital tycoon Boon flip-flops on Pfizer vaccine promise
- Việt Nam wants US to accelerate Pfizer vaccine delivery: Health minister
- Regional NSW's borrowed Pfizer vaccines set to be returned
- VN to receive 50 million doses of Pfizer vaccine, US gives VN 77 ultra-cold freezers
- Israel: Pfizer vaccine allows infection but prevents severe illness
- Thai hospital tycoon who promised Pfizer vaccine says deal now unlikely
- Pfizer vaccine: What is the ideal time to get the Pfizer jab? Experts discover 'sweet spot
- US to become vaccine sharing leader, pledges to share 80 million COVID-19 vaccine jabs globally
- FDA Accelerates Timeline for Final Pfizer Vaccine Approval
- 95 million doses of COVID vaccines handled by AAI-managed airports
- Thonburi Healthcare President accused of allegedly sharing fake news of Pfizer vaccine procurement
- FDA OKs Pfizer vaccine, opening new front against COVID-19; shots to begin within days
- Pfizer vaccine gets slightly weaker over time
- U.S. ships over 110 million COVID-19 vaccine doses abroad; India does not take any due to liability issues
- Charting the jab: More than12 million doses delivered nationally
Gov't signs decision to release $116mln to procure 20 million doses of Pfizer vaccines have 400 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at September 18, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.