Expressing sympathy over losses that the VBS in HCM City has suffered due to COVID-19, Trong hailed the engagement of Buddhist dignitaries and followers in the city’s pandemic prevention and control activities as well as their contributions to the national COVID-19 vaccine fund and support to front-line forces.
He affirmed the efforts of the HCM City VBS's Executive Board has shown that Buddhism always accompany the nation and uphold national solidarity amid difficulties. He expressed his hope that they will continue to take part in charity activities and assist the city in pandemic prevention and control.
For his part, Most Venerable Thich Thien Duc, deputy head of the Executive Board of the VBS chapter in HCM City, thanked the Government Committee for Religious Affairs and the city’s authorities for paying great attention to Buddhist dignitaries and followers amid the complicated developments of COVID-19.
Along with strictly implementing pandemic prevention and control regulations, Buddhist monks, nuns and followers have actively joined hands in charity activities and supported front-line forces, he said.
Since June, the board has worked online on digital platforms, maintaining its guidelines to Buddhist dignitaries in their operations, while adjusting the plans to organize the VBS Congress in districts as well as the celebration of the VBS' 40th founding anniversary, said Venerable Thich Thien Quy, Deputy Head and General Secretary of the board.
He said that over 500 billion VND (21.8 million USD has been raised among Buddhist dignitaries and followers in the city for charity and pandemic prevention and control activities. In the future, the board will continue to join hands with the local authorities and agencies in the work, thus resuming normal life in the city soon.
Latter the same day, the Government Committee for Religious Affairs's working team also visited and worked with representatives of the Cao Dai Tay Ninh Church in the city and the HCM City Cao Dai Church.
- CLASH lead safe housing legislation petition deemed invalid due to missing language, city council clerk says
- So, What Does Cincinnati City Council Actually Do?
- Meet a Most Improbable Trump Megadonor: A Vegan “Buddhist Artist” From China
- The Fight for Gender Equality in One of the Most Dangerous Sports on Earth
- Obituaries 04-06-19
- THE NOONER for 02-28-19
- AP News in Brief 02-16-19
- THE NOONER for 03-13-19
- The Nooner for 03-18-19
- THE NOONER for 04-16-19
- AP News in Brief 03-04-19
- The Nooner for 03-15-19
- The Nooner for 03-21-19
- AP News in Brief 04-08-19
- Colorado oilfield fight over forced drilling — even when property owners object — spills into federal court
- Baltimore City hosts third annual Women’s March
- THE NOONER for 03-12-19
- Mayor says Stephon Clark death wounded Sacramento, calls for $200 million community fund
- Rudy’s Long History of Quashing Trump Probes
- Protruding Breasts! Acidic Pulp! #*@&!$% Senators! McCarthyism! Commies! Crime! And Punishment!
Go'vt committee accompanies Buddhist dignitaries, followers in HCM City COVID-19 fight: Official have 475 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 21, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.