A delivery of 852,480 AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine doses has arrived in Hanoi on September 16. This is a contribution from Germany towards the Vietnamese vaccination campaign.
|Germany supports Viet Nam with 852.480 vaccine doses via COVAX|
This vaccine donation is being supplied via the COVAX Facility in close cooperation with the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) and the World Health Organization (WHO) Vietnam and the Vietnamese Government.
"I am very happy about this delivery of German vaccines via COVAX. Germany stands with Vietnam in fighting and overcoming the COVID-19 pandemic,” German Ambassador to Vietnam, Dr. Guido Hildner, said.
“We can only defeat the pandemic if it is brought under control everywhere. Therefore, Germany and the European Union support the COVAX vaccination campaign for fair and transparent access to COVID-19 vaccines worldwide," he added.
"On behalf of the UN Family, we thank the Government and people of Germany for sharing with the Vietnamese people these life-saving vaccine doses sent through the COVAX Facility", says Dr. Kidong Park, United Nations Resident Coordinator ad interim and the WHO Representative in Vietnam.
"Given the challenging pandemic situation in the country now, we continue to advocate for the Government to prioritize vaccination of health care workers and frontline workers, the elderly, people with co-morbidities and those who are at highest risk of severe diseases or deaths."
With the delivery of vaccines donated by the Government of Germany, Vietnam has received 12,578,110 doses of COVID-19 vaccines via the COVAX Facility.
The COVAX Facility is co-led by WHO, Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness and Innovations (CEPI), GAVI – the Vaccine Alliance, and UNICEF as a key delivery partner.
- Embassy in Germany supports OVs amid COVID-19 fight
- A coronavirus vaccine isn't coming very quickly
- Experts calls for flu vaccine to be free for all to help relieve pressure of coronavirus
- Coronavirus in Germany: Health care system under pressure
- PM: Vietnam pools all resources to fight COVID-19
- Coronavirus: Is Germany doing enough to slow the outbreak?
- Coronavirus: How Germany is showing solidarity amid the outbreak
- Germany reports first two deaths from coronavirus
- Don't hold your breath for a coronavirus vaccine... by the time they find one, it could all be over
- Vietnam ready for whatever COVID-19 brings: expert
- Would you like a coronavirus test with that? Germany is now using drive-thru centres to swab patients for the killer infection as outbreak continues to spiral in Europe
- Coronavirus: Germany's Angela Merkel urges 'solidarity and reason'
- 'This is war': Doctor leading search for coronavirus vaccine says it's the most frightening disease he's ever encountered as second British victim is confirmed and number of UK cases rises to 163
- Coronavirus vaccine: Scientists race to develop prevention
- Vietnam prepares for large-scale quarantine plans in fight against Covid-19
- WHO encourages Vietnam to take stronger measures against COVID 19
- Vietnam confidently ensures reliability of nCoV test kits
- Vietnam produces COVID-19 test kit that meets WHO standards
- Behind the scenes, scientists prep for COVID-19 vaccine test
- First coronavirus vaccine trial in the US is recruiting volunteers
Germany supports Vietnam with over 850,000 vaccine doses via COVAX have 487 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at September 16, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.