Hanoi (VNA) – Deputy Prime Minister Le Van Thanh on September 19 signed a decision on the general planning task s regarding Thu Duc city in Ho Chi Minh City until 2040 with the goal to develop Thu Duc into one of the important centres of knowledge economy, science – technology , and finance of HCM City and the country.
According to the decision, the scope of direct study for planning covers the entire area within the administrative boundary of Thu Duc with a total area of about 211.56 km2. Meanwhile, the scope of indirect study also includes districts of HCM City and two neighbouring provinces of Dong Nai and Binh Duong.
The planning aims to propose development orientations suitable to the structure and development orientation of HCM City in order to meet the goal of becoming one of the important economic, scientific – technological and financial centres of the City and country.
The planning is required to meet new requirements in HM City's socio-economic development strategy and create feasible conditions for implementing synchronously solutions to urban development problems related to population, housing, infrastructure, traffic, environment, adaptation to climate change on the basis of digital infrastructure development and transformation.
The planning, at the same time, will create a legal basis for managing development, investment and construction of urban technical infrastructure systems and areas in Thu Duc city in line with the planning, ensuring urban quality in accordance with meeting grade-1 urban standards.
According to the decision, Thu Duc will be a grade-1 city under the administration of HCM City. It will be developed following an innovative and highly interactive urban model, and will be the eastern centre of Ho Chi Minh City in terms of economy, science and technology, culture, education and training.
Thu Duc city will be an innovation centre, focusing on the fields of advanced education and training, hi-tech research and production, finance and trade – services. It will play a central role in innovation and digital infrastructure development of HCM City and the HCM City region, and a transport hub connecting the current centre of HCM City with Long Thanh international airport and key urban and functional areas in the east of the HCM City region.
The planning work is required to base on the development master plan of HCM City and specialized plans that have been implemented in Thu Duc city, and the forecasts for development demands of HCM City and other southern provinces of Dong Nai, Binh Duong, and Ba Ria – Vung Tau./.
- Ho Chi Minh City approves ‘smart city’ project
- HCM City plans to clean up five polluted canals
- Dutch experts propose building dykes to control flooding in HCM City
- HCM City schools replace 45-minute tests
- Story of cities #34: the struggle for the soul of Milton Keynes
- Ha Long aims to become smart city
- 'Build it and they will come': Tirana's plan for a 'kaleidoscope metropolis'
- The transformation of Tel Aviv: how cycling got cool in Israel's hippest city
- Work on Thu Thiem urban area’s smart complex to start in Sep
- HCM City develops arts industry
- Imperial city of Hue ready for historical migration
- Italian pilot appointed as Vietravel Airlines deputy general director
- Houston Open headed to Memorial Park after council approves renovations
- Houston Open could return to Memorial Park Golf Course if council approves renovations
- Bendigo mosque: Council approves construction despite fiery public meeting
- Houston City council officially rescinds firefighter Prop B layoffs, demotions
- St. Pete Voters To Choose 4 City Council Members Tuesday
- The Crossvine, City of Schertz, Schertz Fire Department Celebrate Fire Station #3 Grand Opening
- Podcast | Decoding 2019: The story of the first general election in India
- Falling business investment, building approvals point to deepening economic slowdown
General planning tasks for Thu Duc city approved have 613 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 17, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.