It formed part of his official visit to Russia from September 25-28 at the invitation of Russian Minister of Foreign Affairs Sergey Lavrov.
Ambassador Dang Minh Khoi briefed Son on the embassy's recent activities and the situation of the Vietnamese people living in Russia at the time of COVID-19.
Minister Son informed the Vietnamese expats in Russia of Vietnam's socio-economic development and COVID-19 response efforts, saying the State and Party are taking the "vaccine diplomacy" very seriously and his ministry is making all possible efforts to have as many as possible COVID-19 vaccine doses delivered to Vietnam.
He also briefed them on the outcomes of President Nguyen Xuan Phuc's official visit to Cuba and his trip to New York for the General Debate of the U.N. General Assembly's 76th session and sideline activities.
The minister emphasized that the Party and State attach great importance to the comprehensive strategic partnership between Vietnam and Russia characterized by three main pillars – security-defense cooperation, energy and oil cooperation, and education and training cooperation. Despite challenges caused by COVID-19, the two countries have maintained high-level meetings and phone talks, he said.
He appreciated the Embassy of Vietnam in Russia for its active efforts to negotiate with Russian partners for the production of Sputnik V COVID-19 vaccine in Vietnam. He also highly spoke of the Vietnamese expats' contribution to Vietnam's COVID-19 control fund, saying they serve as a bridge to boost trade and ties between the two countries.
The minister also received 135,000 USD in cash donated from the Vietnamese Association in Russia to Vietnam's COVID-19 fight.
- Appeal to Vietnamese community to identify lorry death victims
- Meet the gay, Vietnamese candidate who could be the first member of Congress born in a refugee camp
- Donald Trump Jr. Faces More Questions in Russia Probe
- Tragic lorry migrant, 26, 'was deported from UK just DAYS before dying in trailer', say Vietnamese family who remortgaged home to fund £30,000 return trip
- Nghi Son refinery plant expanded in Thanh Hoa province
- Key players in the Trump-Russia investigation
- NABJ Joins Meeting With Trump Transition Team
- Cohen’s lawyer walks back claim Trump knew of meeting
- 'Global ring' involved in smuggling 39 found dead in UK truck, court told
- The Latest: Tougher checks for ports of Zeebrugge, Purfleet
- ‘Deep State’ Conspiracy Lawyer Is Off Trump’s Team Before He Even Starts
- Thanks to Jared Kushner, the Trump Syndicate Might Actually Fall
- Trump Is Out of His League with the Mueller Investigation
- Donald Trump Jr. Is as Old as Patti LaBelle’s 1st Solo Album; He Ain’t a ‘Boy,’ Beloved
- New Bill Would Allow FBI Director to Revoke White House Staff Security Clearances
- Postcards from a poisoned coast: Vietnam's people-smuggling heartland
- CPTPP a step into the future
- 2019 .VinFast A2.0 @ Top Speed
- 2019 .VinFast SA2.0 @ Top Speed
- Dien Bien wants to prioritize airport upgrade
FM Bui Thanh Son meets Vietnamese community in Russia have 469 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 27, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.