At the fashion show on Sept. 25 in Milan, Oanh glittered in a floral jacket, pleated skirt and colorful boots.
The Vietnamese model could not hide her happiness after passing three casting rounds and another two fitting sessions to represent one of the most renowned fashion houses in the world.
“On average, models in the show are 1.8 meters tall,” Oanh said, adding Dolce & Gabbana pays a lot of attention to models' bodies and catwalk skills.
Phuong Oanh walks the Dolce & Gabbana runway in Milan, Sept. 25. Photo courtesy of Phuong Oanh
“I was excited and nervous, but I felt comfortable. Dolce & Gabbana’s busy runway gives me more experience. For the first time, I performed in Milan with much calm, which was memorable.”
The Dolce & Gabbana show was held in a disco-like atmosphere with glimmering mirrors as a backdrop, its lights and glitzy glamour a call to leave behind the darkness of the coronavirus pandemic, according to designers Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana.
Previously, Oanh, from the northern province of Dien Bien, also represented MM6 Maison Margiela in its new collection during Milan Fashion Week.
She will depart for Paris on Sept. 26 to join casting rounds for the upcoming Paris Fashion Week, taking place from Sept. 27 to Oct. 5.
Before Oanh, Fuji Nguyen was the first Vietnamese male model to walk the runway for Dolce & Gabbana in New York, 2018.
- Sofia Vergara sizzles in a leopard print dress and floral gown for new Dolce & Gabbana campaign after being named highest paid TV actress in 2019
- Sofia Vergara, 47, is grateful she shot Dolce & Gabbana campaign in Italy which has since been ravaged by COVID-19: 'Sending love to all of Italia'
- Christie Brinkley, Pamela Anderson, Jamie Foxx & More Are the Most A-List Parent Cheering Section Ever at Dolce & Gabbana Show
- 8 best toasters to buy now: From Smart, to Smeg X Dolce & Gabbana
- Billie Faiers EXCLUSIVE: Star looks incredible as she models her new swimwear collection including pieces inspired by her own bridal looks
- Steven Spielberg's Daughter Destry Allyn Spielberg Lands Major Modeling Contract
- Nastya Swan EXCLUSIVE: The model and YouTube star, 19, was not admitted to a NYC hospital when hit with COVID-19 because there were so many other more urgent cases even though she felt like she was going to 'die'
- Nastya Swan EXCLUSIVE: The YouTube star, 19, was turned AWAY from NYC hospital when hit with COVID-19 as she was told she was not 'urgent': 'I thought I was going to die'
- Cindy Crawford's Son Walks the Paris Runway and 7 More Things to Know About Men's Fashion Week
- Beyonce and Jay-Z nominated for three Grammy awards including Best Music Video after rapper was snubbed at show in 2018
- Air France faces staff mutiny in headscarf row
- Season-Premiere Recap: Runway Success
- Kim Kardashian shows off her abs in a bralette as the new SKIMS ribbed collection launches with sizes from XXS to 5X
- How to wear leaf prints
- The Queen has become Britain's best-known cultural icon: from pop art to music
- Naomi Campbell, 49, reveals she only has ONE meal a day to maintain her svelte supermodel frame... which she eats in the middle of the day
- Meet Pierce Brosnan's Sons Dylan & Paris — the 2020 Golden Globe Ambassadors
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia on April 22 (updated hourly)
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 19
- Film companies postpone work on new projects until social distancing period ends
First Vietnamese female to model for Dolce & Gabbana have 546 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at September 27, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.