The Health Ministry's Company for Vaccine and Biological Production No.1 (Vabiotech) announced on September 24 that it has successfully produced the first batch of Sputnik V vaccine in Vietnam.
Illustrative image (Photo: Vabiotech)
The batch coded SV-030721M was tested on August 26 by the Gamaleya Research Institute of Epidemiology and Microbiology – developer of the Sputnik V vaccine, and met quality requirements.
Vabiotech President Do Tuan Dat said the company will import semi-finished Sputnik V vaccine this month to pack them, thus helping Vietnam become self-sufficient in Sputnik V vaccine supply.
The vaccine makes use of heterogeneous boosting, meaning that it employs two different vectors over the course of the two shots, which the developer claims to provide longer immunity than ones that use the same delivery mechanism. The gap between two shots is three weeks.
According to the clinical test result announced on "The Lancet" magazine, Sputnik V's efficacy amounts to 91.6 percent. After injection, 98 percent of volunteers produce antibodies against the virus.
The Vietnamese Health Ministry granted conditional approval of Sputnik V for emergency use on March 23. Later on July 21, Vabiotech officially announced the production of Sputnik V vaccine on a trial basis.
Dat added that Vabiotech is also pushing forward the registration of Sputnik Light vaccine that only needs one shot./.
- First doses of WHO-initiated vaccine programme may reach Vietnam in Q1
- EU foreign affairs chief wants Russian Sputnik vaccine used in bloc
- VIETNAM NEWS FEBRUARY 7
- VIETNAM NEWS FEBRUARY 6
- Development of new coronavirus vaccines may be hitting critical mass. Here's how they work
- Europe goes to war on vaccines: EU unveils export controls that could stop vaccines reaching Britain after forcing AstraZeneca to publish contract in a bid to make the firm hand over its UK jabs
- Britain could vaccinate 24million people by Easter: AstraZeneca say they can deliver 2million doses a week. But with millions more facing Tier 4 lockdown until jab takes effect can Health Secretary get his act together?
- A toast to freedom! Vaccine Task Force chief Kate Bingham reveals she 'broke Dry January to celebrate with a glass of wine' when she heard British-made Novavax jab passed trials with 90% success rate and 86% against mutant Kent strain
- IDT Biologika moves into spotlight as Germany eyes Sputnik V vaccine
- EU to unveil vaccine export crackdown plans TODAY as row over supplies grows after Belgian inspectors raided AstraZeneca plant to investigate claims of production delays
- EU is 'Lumbering Beast' Whose Slow Vaccine Roll-Out is Their Own Fault, Analyst Says
- UK orders 40million more doses of Valneva's Covid vaccine taking total order to 100MILLION after French firm started manufacturing in Scotland last week
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS FEBRUARY 5
- Panicked Euro Leaders Threaten Trade War as Vaccine Rollout Goes to Hell
- We're halfway there! UK delivers 446,000 Covid vaccines on Thursday as Britain passes mid-point of its target to immunise 15million people by mid-February with first doses now given to 7.9million – 12% of the entire population
- Russia's Sputnik V vaccine to seek India approval by March
- BBC, Guardian, Financial Times: Stalwart Europhiles Now Slamming EU’s Vaccine Rollout
- COVID-19 vaccine: Russia's Sputnik V to seek India approval by March
- France's Gov't in Hot Water as UK Inks Hefty Deal to Supply French-Austrian COVID-19 Vaccine Valneva
- What's Wrong With Vaccine Distribution in the US, and Can Biden's Administration Affect It?
First Sputnik V vaccine batch successfully produced in Vietnam have 538 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at September 24, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.