Hanoi (VNA) – Experts shared opinions and proposed measures to promote quality and sustainable socio-economic development amidst and after the COVID-19 pandemic at a consultation chaired by National Assembly Vuong Dinh Hue on September 27.
According to Dr Tran Thi Hong Minh, Director of the Central Institute for Economic Management ( CIEM ), international organizations have made optimistic, though cautious, assessments on global economic recovery momentum in 2021.
However, research and policy discussions shared the view that the world economic growth recovery is still under the influence of three main risk groups, including complicated developments of the COVID-19 pandemic, geopolitical competition, and inflation and debt risks, she went on.
Vietnam’s economic prospects may be influenced by a number of factors, including the ability to control the COVID-19 pandemic, the disbursement of public investment, and the ability to ensure production recovery, implement an extensive programme on economic recovery and development and take advantage of the global economy recovery, Minh said.
The institute proposed three phases in the economic recovery programme, with the first one (to last until the first quarter of 2022) to prioritise pandemic prevention and control in combination with macro-economic policies to help businesses survive the difficult situation. The second phase will last through 2023, during which macroeconomic policies should be relaxed to stimulate demand for the economy and create momentum for businesses. In the third phase in the years after 2023, macroeconomic policies will be normalized, the macroeconomic foundation strengthened and more intensive economic institutional reform promoted.
The institute stressed the need to apply flexibly macroeconomic policies in line with scenarios to cope with adverse developments of the world and regional economy, promote export diversification, encourage new economic models in the domestic market, and speed up the implementation of support packages for people and businesses.
Minh suggested the National Assembly pay special attention to law-making work in order to reduce overlap, thus strengthening the legal framework for production and business activities.
A representative from the World Bank proposed four lessons to accelerate the recovery process in Vietnam and help the country enter the new normal situation.
The WB underlined the importance of vaccination against COVID-19 along with testing in controlling the pandemic and minimizing economic losses, adding that it is necessary to find a suitable balance between fiscal policy and monetary policy, and increase social assistance to prevent financial distress among vulnerable groups and inequality from widening.
Vietnam needs to strengthen its resilience through a strong and flexible social assistance system, it said, recommending allocating more capital social assistance programme./.
- US government proposes a 'light-touch' to developing AI regulation
- Experts, scientists contribute opinions to National Party Congress documents
- Economic Survey 2018-19: Key Highlights
- Poor infrastructure hinders Southern Key Economic Zone’s FDI attraction
- Warren’s ‘Economic Patriotism’ Plan Beats Trump at His Own Game
- SMEs needs to identify their problems to develop
- VN wants to work with Japan in developing e-government: PM
- Economics must return to its founding principles
- Beach Road in Vizag should be exempted from capital expansion: experts
- Solano County, City Of Vallejo Seek Developers For Solano360 Fairgrounds Site
- Baton Rouge Economic Outlook forecasts growth in non-traditional education, land redevelopment
- The British umpire: how the IFS became the most influential voice in the economic debate
- Poor infrastructure stymies Southern Key Economic Zone efforts to attract large FDI projects
- 10 key pointers for Union Budget from Economic Survey 2019
- Social organizations propose to stop licensing new coal-fired thermopower projects
- Kaiwharawhara proposed as preferred site for multi-user terminal for Cook Strait Ferries
- HKSAR gov't proposes to finance Ocean Park for redevelopment, financial burden alleviation
- Vietnam wants to cooperate with Japan in developing e-government: PM
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry post new pictures of their 'secret' visit to Grenfell kitchen four days ago as they appear to launch new PR salvo after quitting the Royal Family
- Greta Thunberg to Lecture Leaders About Fossil Fuels at World Economic Forum
Experts propose three phases for post-pandemic economic development have 651 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 27, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.