Hanoi (VNA) – The working trip to Europe from September 5 to 11 by Chairman of the National Assembly (NA) Vuong Dinh Hue secured success beyond expectation, contributing to the enhancement of multilateral diplomacy and Vietnam's relations with the countries he visited, an official said.
The top legislator of Vietnam and his entourage attended the Fifth World Conference of Speakers of Parliament (WCSP5) in Austria, paid working visits to the European Parliament and Belgium, and made an official visit to Finland.
Highlighting the tour's achievements, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs To Anh Dung said Chairman Hue directly took part in the WCSP5, delivered an important speech at its plenary session, and gave remarks on some specific issues. He also engaged in tens of bilateral meetings with parliamentary leaders from Europe, Latin America, Asia, and Africa on this occasion.
World parliamentary leaders highly valued the Vietnamese NA's activeness, proactiveness, and high sense of responsibility in helping promote multilateral parliamentary diplomacy , Dung said.
He noted that the trip continued demonstrating the smooth coordination between parliamentary diplomacy and State diplomacy and sent the world the image of an open, proactive, and active Vietnam that is a responsible member of the international community and ready to cooperate and share experience with others to surmount COVID-19 together and boost post-pandemic development.
During the tour, Chairman Hue directly took part in several trade and investment promotion events, chaired business forums in the countries he set foot in, and met and listened to opinions of hundreds of representatives from large European and global enterprises.
He also witnessed the signing of tens of business contracts and memoranda of understanding on cooperation worth billions of USD between Vietnam and foreign partners, according to Deputy Minister Dung.
Another outstanding achievement of this trip is about vaccine diplomacy, he said, elaborating that the NA leader met Vietnamese ambassadors to Europe and assigned them to step up efforts to implement the vaccine diplomacy.
Heads of the European Parliament and the European Council voiced their support for Vietnam and pledged to encourage member states to increase assistance for the country, create conditions for Vietnam to access their spare vaccines, and help transfer vaccine production technology and provide medical equipment.
In particular, Belgium handed over 100,000 vaccine doses which were delivered to Vietnam by the flight carrying the Vietnamese delegation back home, while Slovakia also decided to present 100,000 vaccine doses to the country. Some others are also actively considering the vaccine and equipment support for Vietnam, the Deputy FM went on.
He added several foreign organisations, major Vietnamese businesses, and overseas Vietnamese donated more than 1 trillion VND (44 million USD) worth of medical supplies to the COVID-19 fight in the country./.
- Five Burning Questions: Billboard Staffers Discuss Lil Nas X's Top 40 Breakout Hit 'Old Town Road'
- If there is another economic crash, Europe’s far right is ready for it
- Vietnam enjoys 10.8 per cent growth in international arrivals
- DOMINIC LAWSON: Stoic Brits and proof that the French and Germans are the real sick men of Europe
- Avane Srimannarayana Director Sachin Ravi Opens Up About The Success Of The Film
- Lori Loughlin and her husband expected to claim $500,000 'bribe' was a donation at college admissions scandal trial and rely on testimony of former USC athletics boss who said fundraising was like 'feeding the beast'
- After European dream, Na set for Tokyo Olympics
- Upscale Ford Kuga Vignale confirmed for Europe
- Rosy outlook: Builders, agents expect a robust spring, while the best places to buy/rent may be on the city’s edge
- Conservatives and Labour could move to greater Brexit extremes following EU elections
- German pensioner quits big tour of Scotland after police 'harassment'
- Compass points to search for Walsh's successor as chairman
- The VERY lavish life of Love Island's new aristocrat Ollie Williams, 23 - heir to a Cornish stately home who enjoys a jetset lifestyle and chats up girls by telling them he owns Polzeath Beach
- Ernie Merrick: the A-League’s elder statesman still burning for success
- Hero Women’s Pro Golf Tour: Defending champ ends injury break with a good play
- Vietnam’s securities market enjoys advantages in 2015: expert
- Muhammad Ali, Dead at 74: The Greatest in the Ring and Greater Still Outside It
- What can we expect in the second half of the Ligue 1 season?
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s museum: a reminder of a great ego and an even greater talent
- 2019 was a record year for CEO turnover
Europe tour by NA Chairman enjoys greater-than-expected success have 780 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 14, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.