The top legislator of Vietnam and his entourage attended the Fifth World Conference of Speakers of Parliament (WCSP5) in Austria, paid working visits to the European Parliament and Belgium, and made an official visit to Finland.
Highlighting the tour's achievements, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs To Anh Dung said Chairman Hue directly took part in the WCSP5, delivered an important speech at its plenary session, and gave remarks on some specific issues. He also engaged in tens of bilateral meetings with parliamentary leaders from Europe, Latin America, Asia, and Africa on this occasion.
World parliamentary leaders highly valued the Vietnamese N.A.'s activeness, proactiveness, and high sense of responsibility in helping promote multilateral parliamentary diplomacy, Dung said.
He noted that the trip continued demonstrating the smooth coordination between parliamentary diplomacy and State diplomacy and sent the world the image of an open, proactive, and active Vietnam that is a responsible member of the international community and ready to cooperate and share experience with others to surmount COVID-19 together and boost post-pandemic development.
During the tour, Chairman Hue directly took part in several trade and investment promotion events, chaired business forums in the countries he set foot in, and met and listened to opinions of hundreds of representatives from large European and global enterprises.
He also witnessed the signing of tens of business contracts and memoranda of understanding on cooperation worth billions of USD between Vietnam and foreign partners, according to Deputy Minister Dung.
Another outstanding achievement of this trip is about vaccine diplomacy, he said, elaborating that the N.A. leader met Vietnamese ambassadors to Europe and assigned them to step up efforts to implement the vaccine diplomacy.
Heads of the European Parliament and the European Council voiced their support for Vietnam and pledged to encourage member states to increase assistance for the country, create conditions for Vietnam to access their spare vaccines, and help transfer vaccine production technology and provide medical equipment.
In particular, Belgium handed over 100,000 vaccine doses which were delivered to Vietnam by the flight carrying the Vietnamese delegation back home, while Slovakia also decided to present 100,000 vaccine doses to the country. Some others are also actively considering the vaccine and equipment support for Vietnam, the Deputy FM went on.
He added several foreign organizations, major Vietnamese businesses, and overseas Vietnamese donated more than 1 trillion VND (44 million USD) worth of medical supplies to the COVID-19 fight in the country.
- Mario Kart Tour Has Been A Big Success At Launch For Nintendo
- Tour de France 2019: full team-by-team guide
- 10 of the best ways to enjoy Stockholm … on a budget
- 'The doubt has been taken out now' - SL coach Rumesh Ratnayake on touring Pakistan
- 25 of the best clubs in Europe – chosen by the experts
- Hillary Clinton is heckled by man who tells her she is 'going to jail' on final date of speaking tour with husband Bill as she attacks Trump for 'getting played' by Putin
- Arise Sir Lewis? Hamilton says he's not expecting knighthood
- Tories harden up anti-Europe stance as fear of Ukip byelection win grows
- Melania continues solo tour of Africa with visit to slave-trading castle in Ghana and walks through infamous 'Door of No Return' where thousands of slaves passed before being shipped overseas
- Meet Diego Forlan: An accidental football for whom success was slow in coming
- Meet Diego Forlan: An accidental footballer for whom success was slow in coming
- ‘Expect the best from Buhari’s ministers’
- Is Tony Blair the right man to be president of Europe?
- Europe faces China, Japan in high-speed rail battle in Asia
- Writing a great business story: how smarter finance from Europe is boosting small firms
- Airbnb-backed OYO moves into Europe, buys Leisure Group from Axel Springer for $415M
- Understanding and Helping Toddler Sleep--Preparing Success
- Hardik Pandya undergoes successful back surgery
- The creators of ‘Monument Valley’ are back with a game no one expected
- Vietnam, Kazakhstan enjoy sound relationship
Europe tour by N.A. Chairman enjoys greater-than-expected success have 641 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 15, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.