The production of cabinet at GE Hai Phong plant
From a "special gift" every morning
As Cell Leader of Electrical Assembly COE of GE Hai Phong plant, Nguyen Quang Tung manages the production of converter cabinet for wind and solar power while also in charge of new products development. Despite working at GE Hai Phong plant for 10 years, Tung remains passionate for his job.
"This may seem hard to believe but getting to receive emails from overseas colleagues every morning is truly like a gift for me. As knowledge is infinite, these emails open the door to new knowledge about science technology that allows me to become more knowledgeable in my profession while saving a lot of time learning”, Tung shared.
Tung's main responsibility is working with the global design and engineering team to develop the best quality products which are precisely designed, and assured for customers. This is not an easy task in remote working conditions that only allow completing technical requirements through examining technical drawings.
However, for Tung, the professionalism, diligence and high focus of his colleagues from across the ocean have inspired him a lot. Despite the time zone difference between Vietnam and the US, Tung and the design team still work relentlessly to ensure the production progress and quality.
"We all work towards GE’s core values: act with humility, lead with transparency, and deliver with focus to bring positive results, therefore, geographical distance is no longer an issue. Overseas colleagues have taught me a lot of things, from working professionally to being open, and transparent. This working environment has enabled me and encouraged my colleagues to become a better version of ourselves,” said Tung.
As a technical enthusiast and extremely demanding in terms of expertise, Tung is always meticulous about the smallest details which helps him humbly earn many achievements.
"Ten years at GE has given me unforgettable experiences. Without the companionship and support from fellow colleagues, I would not have had these. Therefore, I tend to cherish the journey that we have had together instead of my personal accomplishment.”
"When manufacturing a converter cabinet in the past, we used to need a "golden sample", which was produced in another plant, beside the 3D drawing. Now, we can build the ETU/prototype for global team to develop futher design, prepare for serial production and bring it to market with good quality. We are able to meet customers' extremely demanding requirements including the highest performance which was previously possible in the lab only. It takes an entire team's relentless effort to achieve this goal,” added Tung.
Quang Tung and GE colleagues (in the middle, front line – photo taken before the Covid-19 outbreak)
To a global GE at the heart of local community
In fact, it is common to find individuals like Quang Tung at GE. With nearly 174,000 employees in more than 170 countries of every creed, gender, and background working across a wide spectrum of business areas, GE is a company “without borders”. However, cultural similarity and ideology are what makes GE special.
To achieve this, GE offers three fixed core values that run across all countries: act with humility, lead with transparency, and deliver with focus. Therefore, even though departments have to work via email or face geographical challenges and time differences, GE remains in smooth operation through barriers.
In addition, GE is also an organization with a unique working culture: combining global values with local identities to create a productive work environment.
"I have experience of working directly with engineers and workers for many years. Vietnamese workers are diligent and dedicated to their work. These valuable qualities combined with the professional working style of a multinational corporation have encouraged them to try their best in every situation with a humble and eager-to-learn attitude. It can clearly be seen especially through overseas business trips for learning in new projects or working onsite," said Tung.
Every member at GE is committed to follow the Code of Conduct which embraces a professional and methodical working environment with transparent policies, and leadership. The company's culture empowers employees to push themselves beyond limits. There is also an Ethics and Integrity guide for suppliers, contractors, and consultants of the company, while at the same time, these strict requirements are set for employees.
"At GE, integrity, honesty and transparency are critical in everything we do. It is like a compass, guiding us to the right direction without being distracted by external factors. This allows all staff members at GE Hai Phong to work harder to perfect these values. It will not only strengthen GE's position in the renewable energy position but also carry the reputation of our Hai Phong production team further,” highlighted Tung.
Source – GE Reports Vietnam: https://gereports.vn/en/enhancing-employees-unique-identity-through-ge-values/
- GE partners with #GMIS2021 to explore the benefits of digitisation
- GE partners with #GMIS2021 to explore benefits of digitization, lean production
- GE partners with #GMIS2021 to explore the benefits of digitization, lean production, and safety to global manufacturing
- Enhancing the competitiveness of special Vietnamese brands
- What McDonald's Wage Raises Actually Mean for Employees
- How Barilla Creates Business Value Through Employee Resource Groups
- How the growing identity economy is reshaping the future of work
- 5 Ways To Elevate Employee Resource Groups As Company Culture Champions
- Don’t Shortchange Employee Well-Being When Planning Future Investments For The Business
- Smart technology solutions add value to Novaland's Aqua City
- Listen up, bosses! Air pollution is hampering productivity of your employees
- GE Renewable Energy wins major onshore wind contract
- Enhancing tourism development in the new normal state
- My Thoughts on How NFTs Are Redefining Our Cultural Mentality Around Value
- 4 ways to ensure employee resource groups work
- Conservationists unite in unique declaration to step up the fight to protect wildlife
- Crown Equipment Introduces The C-DX Series Offering A Versatile and Value-Oriented Diesel Forklift
- Communications in the Workplace: Do Your Words Fit Your Culture and Values?
- Helping next generation find their leadership identities
- 5 ways organizations can encourage employees to fight back against toxic leadership
Enhancing employees’ unique identity through GE values have 1002 words, post on ven.vn at September 27, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.