As governments encourage people to stay at home to curb the spread of the coronavirus, Southeast Asia saw a rapid adoption of digital services like e-commerce, food delivery, and online payment methods.
This trend is predicted to continue in the coming time. The report, which surveyed more than 16,000 people in Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam, projected the number of digital consumers in Southeast Asia will reach 350 million by the end of this year.
By the end of 2021, Facebook and Bain expect more than 70 percent of people 15-years-old and above in the surveyed countries to shop online. The report predicted the number of online shoppers in Southeast Asia will reach 380 million by 2026.
Among the surveyed countries, Indonesia, the largest economy in Southeast Asia, continues to see the highest growth rate, the report said, adding that the country's digital consumer population is predicted to grow around 15 percent, from 144 million in 2020 to 165 million in 2021.
According to the report, in the first three months of 2021, 88 percent of private equity and venture capital investments in the region flowed into the technology and internet sector. Of that, 56 percent went into financial technology./.
- How to Protect Your Family Against the Coming Pandemic
- How the Bird Flu Could Turn into a Pandemic
- Questions to Ask Your Employer Before a Bird Flu Pandemic
- Pure Water Hydration in an Avian Flu Pandemic - Planning in Northern Virginia Washington D.C.
- Shanghi Shows Signs of Gold Boom in 2007
- Interstate Commerce, We are the United States but act like the United Countries
- Flu Threat: Lessons from Past Pandemics (Part I)
- What Is A Flu Pandemic And How Likely Is It?
- US Engages with China, Asia for Trade Deals
- Bird Flu-Worst-Case Scenario
- Bird Flu Spreading Rapidly in Europe - EU Nations Take Precautions
- Bird Flu - Prevention and Treatments
- Explore Singapore, the Fascinating Mosaic of Cultural Diffusion!
- Avian Flu Fright: Politically Timed for Global "Latrogenocide"
- How You Can Support Your Immune System
- Avian Influenza - Bird Flu FAQ
- WeWork’s fate uncertain after IPO fail
- Is the Avian Flu Really a Chicken Little Scare?
- Outsourcing in the Philippines
- The "Real" Singapore Lifestyle
E-commerce booms in Southeast Asia since pandemic breaks out have 386 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 17, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.