Speaking at an online meeting Monday with businesses executives from industrial hubs, he said only the section in which they work should be shut down until everyone who had been in direct contact with the infected people is isolated.
Workers are tested every week to ensure control over the disease since industrial parks with 20,000 workers could be dangerous Covid clusters, he said.
Several companies like precision manufacturer Nidec and clothing brand Nike had said that as production gradually resumes in the country factories should not be closed completely if Covid-19 cases are found.
Others like Samsung, conglomerate Hyosung Vina and garment maker Far Eastern Apparel Vietnam called for vaccinating key manufacturing workers and allowing fully vaccinated workers to commute to work every day by company vehicles.
Thanh ordered government agencies to distribute more vaccines to industrial hubs and ensure key roads are open.
Local authorities should help businesses resume under the “new normal” circumstances, he said.
Vietnam is starting to resume economic activities after months of social distancing in its two largest cities, HCMC and Hanoi.
HCMC has in recent weeks eased shopping restrictions in some districts and resumed inter-district deliveries, and is set to end social distancing on Sep. 30.
Hanoi relaxed social distancing requirements on Tuesday and let restaurants resume takeaway services and businesses operate with half the workforce.
There were 8,668 new Covid cases in the country Monday, the lowest number in over a month.
- Malaysian ex-deputy PM charged with money laundering, graft
- Authorities say motive in deputy killings may never be known
- Deputy General Manager (Law) Vacancy At MMTC Limited
- Don’t Worry Gawker Fans, Site Won’t Shut Down Even Through Bankruptcy
- French Airline Shuts Down After Court Rejects Bids
- Vulnerable man locked in solitary confinement for 10 YEARS: Horrifying case revealed in new report as Health Secretary is finally stung into action
- A Judgment Most Foul : Buried Questions In Loya Case Verdict
- Unanswered Questions In Loya Case Verdict
- Gujarat Govt Declined Sanction To Prosecute Vaanzara And Amin In Ishrat Jahan Case: CBI Tells Court
- Kerala Church Dispute Case: Police Bound To Enforce Court Orders, Says Kerala HC [Read Judgment]
- Malaysia ex-PM Najib 'pivotal' in 1MDB plunder, trial hears
- Zee Media Files Defamation Case Against TMC MP Mahua Moitra
- Japan Court To Rule In Only Fukushima Criminal Case
- UK Court Orders Nigeria To Pay $200mn In $9.6bn Case
- Fiat Chrysler Manager Charged In US Diesel Emissions Case
- Shutdown nearly shuts U.S. immigration courts, but deportations continue
- He bribed Andy Beshear’s top deputy. Now he’s headed to prison for nearly 3 years.
- Odds don’t favor Robin Hayes and Greg Lindberg in corruption case, experts say
- The Shut-in Royalty Provision: Isn't It Just for Gas?
- The Curious Case of Alex Latifi
Don't shut down whole company over a few Covid-19 cases: Deputy PM have 438 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at September 21, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.