Located at an altitude of 1,700m above sea level, the God Cliff in the northern mountainous province of Hà Giang is one of the places that attract many tourists.
We once visited the beautiful sites of Hà Giang including Mã Pì Lèng Pass – Tu Sản Abyss Alley – Nho Quế River, and we were amazed by the majestic beauty of this place. However, it was created not only by the three names mentioned above, but also by another place – God Cliff – which is considered the top floor of the most magnificent landscape in Việt Nam.
The God Cliff, which is also known as White Cliff, is located on Mã Pì Lèng Pass, between Pải Lủng Commune and Pả Vi Commune, Mèo Vạc District.
Mã Pì Lèng Pass is often known as the pass part on National Highway 4C, also known as the Road of Happiness. However, there is another small Mã Pì Lèng Pass road (also called Mã Pí Lèng B) that only motorbikes can traverse.
The God Cliff is located on this small Mã Pì Lèng Pass passage. However, you can only ride a motorbike for about 3km, then have to walk another 2km. However, the path is not easy at all because the road is extremely narrow, bumpy and twisting. One side is a cliff, the other side is an abyss. So, if you can’t ride a motorbike, you have to walk the whole 5km.
We started our journey from the Happiness Road Museum. On this road, we stopped at the Death Cliff to check-in, however, we were very careful because it was also quite dangerous.
After that, we continued to drive down to the valley below to reach Cô Tiên Mountain. We went very slowly because of the bumpy roads and saw a small turn, where we could see the observatory overlooking the Mã Pì Lèng Pass. From here, we had to walk.
At the observatory, we discovered the beautiful Nho Quế River and the pass below. We also rested to regain our strength because the distance of riding a motorbike for only 3km was also a bit exhausting. Then we continued the journey to see the magic cliff.
We felt that the fatigue and difficulty we had just experienced was worth it, because of the stunning natural scenery here.
The cliff is majestic, high and dangerous between the clouds. Against the blue sky, white clouds with Mã Pì Lèng Pass appearing very steep, the green Nho Quế River winding and bisecting the mountains.
Touching the cliff, we felt that there seems to be a fracture of the mountains and hills. The rock surface shows rough features and wonderful carvings of nature. That moment led us to the wonderful scenery of the sky and clouds, feeling like we were standing in a fairytale.
For the people here, the God Cliff is a place of sacred significance associated with the legend of a love story between a husband and wife. For visitors, this place is a paradise to admire the panoramic view of the imposing beautiful site of Hà Giang below.
Once upon a time, there was a fairy who planted a precious medicinal plant on Cô Tiên Mountain. The plant had the ability to cure all diseases and restored aging completely. However, the cliff was steep and covered with clouds all year round, and no one could climb it.
At the foot of the mountain lived a poor couple who loved each other very much. One day, the wife fell ill, there was no cure. The husband decided to climb that dangerous cliff to pick up medicine. He cut thousands of stakes into the cliff, step by step to the top of Cô Tiên Mountain. He happily picked the medicine and climbed down to the old road. Strangely, when he reached the foot of cliff, all the wooden stakes disappeared. The place he climbed later appeared two steep white cliffs, one small and one large.
The wooden stakes turned into drops of water that fell like rain from the top of the mountain. The water is very fresh and cool. If anyone comes here with sincerity and receives those drops of water to drink, they will have a lot of luck. On the Tết holiday, ethnic people still come to here to worship at the foot of this sacred cliff. VNS
- Sir Cliff Richard still 'normal' despite stardom and holidays with Diana as he turns 80
- Astronomers have discovered the most inhospitable 'hell' planet ever that rains rocks with 60-mile-deep lava seas and winds of more than 3,000 mph
- 2,000-year-old seal depicting Greek god Apollo found in Jerusalem
- Homer Simpson discovered the mass of the Higgs boson 14 years before CERN found it
- Massive asteroid named after Apophis - the 'God of Chaos' - gains speed as it travels towards Earth with a potential impact date of 2068 in explosion that would be equivalent to 880 MILLION tons of TNT
- Scientists Claim to Have Discovered Earliest Known Evidence of Identical Twins
- The real Rogue One: Earth-sized planet is discovered roaming the Milky Way without a parent star
- Minecraft's next big update Caves & Cliffs launches summer 2021
- Minecraft update 1.17: Caves and cliffs to channel your inner Indiana Jones
- 'Lockdown had me in tears': Yes it will be different, but Strictly’s Tess Daly has never been more grateful to return to work. Here she tells Jenny Johnston how she’s coped when many in her business haven’t worked for months
- Horned figures from cult of a Mesopotamian moon god discovered in biblical-era fort
- Scientists discover bizarre hell planet where it rains rocks and oceans are made of lava
- Hellish lava planet light-years from Earth discovered light-years away
- Astronomers discover 'most inhospitable planet ever' with 60-mile-deep lava seas
- Judi Love is shocked to discover Shane Richie is Coleen Nolan's ex-husband as the panellists discuss his upcoming I'm A Celeb stint
- Televangelist breaks down crying when he finds out Joe Biden won the election as asks God if ‘that’s it? We’re done?’
- Has this woman committed sin?
- Apophis asteroid, nicknamed 'God of Chaos,' is speeding up
- Mysterious 37m feline geoglyph discovered in Peru near famous Nazca Lines
- Ship branded the 'Titanic of the Great Lakes' discovered 110 years after it sank
Discovering God Cliff in Hà Giang have 1097 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at September 17, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.