In his remarks, Nguyen Manh Tien, deputy head of the committee, said digital economy is a trend pursued by countries worldwide amid the COVID-19 pandemic, and Vietnam is not an exception.
Participants shared their views on Vietnam's digital economy, as well as advantages, difficulties and solutions to boost the digital economy, particularly digital finance and digital banking, to deal with impacts of COVID-19 and prepare for post-pandemic recovery.
They also looked into international experience in this regard, and proposed policies to serve the country's socio-economic development effectively and sustainably.
Tran Thi Lan Huong, senior public administration expert from the World Bank, said Vietnam has good infrastructure. However, there still remain limitations in bandwidth, transmission quality, mechanisms and policies.
She suggested the country invest more in digital capacity in agencies and businesses, consolidate mechanisms to promote innovations, and utilise private resources in digitization.
A representative from European Chamber of Commerce in Vientam (EuroCham) said EuroCham lauds the impressive progress the Vietnamese Government has made in the digital government program 2020.
EuroCham recommended Vietnam to develop and apply smart cloud policies to speed up digitization, and consider issuing policies supporting the process.
Other delegates said Vietnam should step up investments in personnel training in digital technology, connectivity and infrastructure, while paying more attention to building technology startup ecosystem.
- VITEC to Showcase IPTV and Digital Signage Solution for Sports Venues at NACDA Convention
- Kony Unveils New Digital Banking Solution – Kony DBX
- Call to attune conventional branches of Belarusian economy to innovations
- Economy, security, others…three years after
- Nigeria Missing in Digital Ranking Report
- A digital tax on Facebook and Google needs global consensus
- Devastating effects of climate change in SA
- Why collaboration, policy harmonisation, skill acquisitions are crucial for a digital economy
- Budget 2018: Chamber demands increase in capex to boost economy
- Global economy: party over as warning signs flash red
- Sorry Scott, it's not clear the economy has lift-off
- GE’s fall illuminates bigger problems facing the American economy
- Nigeria: As Oando Pushes Nigeria Agenda At 7th Opec Int'l Seminar
- FG seeks China’s support to digitalize governance, fight corruption
- Africa: Medical Solution Wins the Africa Prize for Engineering Innovation
- Africa: Microsoft-Techno Brain Reshape Farming in Africa With Digital Platform
- Our leaders are not in the business of finding solutions for young people
- COMESA searching for solutions to transform and sustain competitive businesses
- Data & Analytics Strategy for Digital Transformation
- Huawei Empowers the Digital Transformation of Indian Enterprises with Innovative ICT Solut
Digitization – effective solution to recover economy: seminar have 395 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 28, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.