Hanoi (VNA) – Digital economy, including digital finance and digital banking, will be an effective solution to recover the economy of the world and Vietnam in particular, heard a seminar held by the National Assembly 's Foreign Affairs Committee on September 28.
In his remarks, Nguyen Manh Tien, deputy head of the committee, said digital economy is a trend pursued by countries worldwide amid the COVID-19 pandemic, and Vietnam is not an exception.
Participants shared their views on Vietnam's digital economy, as well as advantages, difficulties and solutions to boost the digital economy, particularly digital finance and digital banking , to deal with impacts of COVID-19 and prepare for post-pandemic recovery.
They also looked into international experience in this regard, and proposed policies to serve the country's socio-economic development effectively and sustainably.
Tran Thi Lan Huong, senior public administration expert from the World Bank, said Vietnam has good infrastructure. However, there still remain limitations in bandwidth, transmission quality, mechanisms and policies.
She suggested the country invest more in digital capacity in agencies and businesses, consolidate mechanisms to promote innovations, and utilise private resources in digitalisation.
A representative from European Chamber of Commerce in Vientam ( EuroCham ) said EuroCham lauds the impressive progress the Vietnamese Government has made in the digital government programme 2020.
EuroCham recommended Vietnam to develop and apply smart cloud policies to speed up digitalisation, and consider issuing policies supporting the process.
Other delegates said Vietnam should step up investments in personnel training in digital technology, connectivity and infrastructure, while paying more attention to building technology startup ecosystem./.
- How Fuel Economy Is Measured (And Why You Get Different MPGs)
- Seminar highlights Norway-funded OPTOCE Project
- President Bush speech text on economy, bailout
- Robert Reich: Everything you need to know about the new economy
- Sorry, no sugar-coating economy here
- Mayor Bloomberg: Bush tax cuts for the rich should be extended so wealthy can help economy recover
- Black Lives Matter protested too few good jobs last summer. Here's a solution -- training
- An Explanation on the Function Behind Storage of Storage Devices and Their Proper Backup Solution
- Savvy small businesses can cure today's weak economy
- Labor, be part of the solution: Public employees unions must make sacrifices for sake of the state
- Osama Bin Laden's death may have good effects in long run, but may hurt global politics short-term
- Automakers Have ‘Stockholm Syndrome’ With Trump Over Fuel Economy Standards
- California Wants Automakers to Explain Why They Can't Meet Fuel Economy Standards
- Australia's digital identity solution to soon link with myGov
- Storied boxing institution Gleason's Gym staggered by bad economy
- Stocks tumble amid concerns that global economy weak, may hurt U.S. labor market
- Small business owners in NYC don't feel effects of help from government efforts, but see upswing
- Al Cross | Trump’s simple solutions a hit across Ky.
- Seeking a calming effect
- Ad for 'A Tale of Two Cities' cuts into Bush's economy speech on NBC
Digitalisation – effective solution to recover economy: seminar have 491 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 28, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.