The National Ethics Committee in Biomedical Research under the Ministry of Health (MoH) approves the clinical trial results of the phase 3 of Nanocovax.
The conclusion was made by the National Ethics Committee in Biomedical Research under the Ministry of Health (MoH) in a meeting on assessment of the clinical trial results of the phase 3 mid-term of Nanocovax based on the study result conducted by September 2.
The study reported that Nanocovax vaccine shows an immune response, based on results of anti-SARS-CoV-2 IgG antibody concentration test in 924 samples at the 42nd day after first shot; the live virus neutralization assay in 761 samples at the 42nd day after first shot; the plaque reduction neutralization test (PRNT) using 107 samples with the original Wuhan strain, 41 samples with Delta variant, 39 samples with Alpha variant 42 days after the first jab.
Notably, there are no data for the direct evaluation of the Nanocovax vaccine's protective efficacy based on the number of people infected with Covid-19 after getting the shots in the clinical trial.
The National Ethics Committee in Biomedical Research agreed on using results of the phase 3 mid-term clinical trial to submit to the MoH's Advisory Council for the Registration of Circulation of Drugs and Medicinal Ingredients.
Besides, the Nanogen Pharmaceutical Biotechnology Joint Stock Company and the Nanocovax vaccine research group have been asked to complete reports and the approved clinical trial process by March, 2022 as well as update study results for submission to the Boards of professionals and management units.
By Nguyen Quoc – Translated by Kim Khanh
- Real-time data on mask supplies now available
- WhatsApp privacy backlash: Facebook angers users by harvesting their data
- Sensitive medical data for 13,000 Germans was available online for years
- Right-Wing News Site Warns Readers Not to Get Hypothetical Coronavirus Vaccine Because Vaccines Are a 'Scam'
- Next winter’s flu vaccine may not be effective, concedes researcher
- Coronavirus vaccine to enter human trial phase
- Coronavirus: How close are we to a vaccine?
- What is the right vaccination for swine flu?
- Coronavirus explained: What you need to know about getting sick, treatment and future vaccines
- HIV vaccine test hopes for breakthrough in combat against the virus
- Aids vaccine 'breakthrough' hopes dashed
- A Colorado bill to tighten vaccine exemptions moves closer to becoming law
- Want a coronavirus vaccine? Fund the research
- Could this be a better way to build a flu vaccine?
- A coronavirus vaccine isn't coming very quickly
- Flu vaccinations appear less effective for people taking statins
- White, College-Educated, Wealthier Parents Less Likely to Vaccinate Their Children, Texas Study Reveals
- Why will it take so long to make a coronavirus vaccine that can prevent COVID-19?
- 'This is war': Doctor leading search for coronavirus vaccine says it's the most frightening disease he's ever encountered as second British victim is confirmed and number of UK cases rises to 163
- What Is Herd Immunity and Can It Protect Us Against the New Coronavirus?
Data for protective efficacy of Nanocovax vaccine are not available have 465 words, post on www.sggpnews.org.vn at September 19, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.