Health workers take samples for Covid-19 testing in Hanoi
According to the ministry’s report, 9,465 of the new patients are locally-transmitted cases confirmed in 33 localities including HCM City (5,052), Binh Duong (2,764), Dong Nai (760), Long An (190), Kien Giang (163), An Giang (109), and Tay Ninh (86). There were seven imported patients confirmed today.
The new infection number showed a decrease of 2,060 cases compared to yesterday’s figure. There were 5,344 infections found in the community.
As of Thursday evening, 723,962 infections have been reported since the new outbreak occurred in the country in late April, with some southern localities recording high infections such as HCM City (358,707), Binh Duong (190,257), Dong Nai (43,122), Long An (31,231), and Tien Giang (13,531). The outbreak has so far spread to 62 out of 63 cities and provinces nationwide.
With these new infection cases, the number of Covid-19 patients in Vietnam has increased to 728,435 . The country now stands 46th among 222 countries and territories worldwide in the number of infections.
On September 23, an additional 6,226 more patients recovered from the disease, raising the number of recoveries in the country to 493,488.
On Thursday evening, a further 236 deaths related to Covid-19 were announced, bringing the total number of fatalities in Vietnam to 18,017. The deaths were reported in some localities including HCM City (175), Binh Duong (37), Long An (7), Dong Nai (6), Ba Ria – Vung Tau (3), Binh Thuan (2), Tay Ninh (2), Tien Giang (1), Hanoi (2), and Binh Dinh (1).
The country has so far conducted over 36.15 million Covid-19 vaccine shots, with over 7.05 million people having received two doses.
- Hundreds attend funeral of Niall Lyttle who died after fall from Belfast party bike
- Fall in UK car sales eases in October
- Barbs best Morris again as O'Brien tallies 16 kills
- Daily Digest: Top news of Thursday, Nov. 29
- Prep volleyball: Barbs beat Morris again as O'Brien tallies 16 kills
- Chicago Bulls fall to Sacramento Kings, downplay players' mini-revolt
- IC volleyball falls in regional final to Beecher
- Indian Creek volleyball falls in regional final to Beecher
- Horoscope for Thursday, Oct. 10, 2019
- Sensex falls 297 points to close at 37,880; Nifty below 11,250
- Dollar set for biggest fall in five weeks as trade talks resume
- Muston Scarecrow Festival is axed after 19 years
- Prep roundup: DeKalb boys bowlers fall; IC girls fall; Smith a Hendricks finalist; NIU women's basketball beat Nevada
- Area roundup: DeKalb boys bowlers fall; IC girls fall; Smith a Hendricks finalist; NIU women's basketball beat Nevada
- Daily Digest: Top news on Thursday, Oct. 18
- Girls volleyball: Genoa-Kingston falls in regional quarterfinal
- Supermum Sue Radford who has welcomed baby number TWENTY-ONE to Britain’s biggest family reveals her VERY daily routine
- Marth's 20 points aren't enough as Cogs fall to Rockets
- Boys basketball: Marth's 20 points aren't enough as Cogs fall to Rockets
- Blackhawks drop 4th straight, fall to Oilers as Kane returns
Daily Covid-19 infection tally falls on Thursday have 453 words, post on dtinews.vn at September 23, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.