HÀ NỘI — A further 9,362 COVID-19 cases were reported in Việt Nam on Monday, bringing the national tally to 766,051 cases.
Another 174 COVID-19 deaths were also announced. The majority of these deaths were in HCM City, with 122 deaths. Total deaths now stand at 18,758. Việt Nam’s mortality rate is 0.4 per cent higher than the world's average, which stands at 2 per cent.
The Ministry of Health also announced there are currently more than 4,100 COVID-19 patients considered seriously ill. 29 of these are being treated with ECMO.
Of the new COVID-19 cases reported on Monday, 20 were imported while 9,342 cases were locally transmitted – a decrease of 669 cases compared to Sunday.
Among the new local infections, HCM City again recorded the highest with 4,134, followed by the southern provinces of Bình Dương (3,793) and Đồng Nai (616).
Other cases were found in Long An (190), An Giang (131), Tây Ninh (80), Kiên Giang (73), Tiền Giang (58), Cần Thơ (56), Hà Nam (54), Bình Thuận (32), Khánh Hòa (26), Bình Định (21), Quảng Bình (15), Đồng Tháp (14), Phú Yên (11), Ninh Thuận (9), Kon Tum (5), Cà Mau (4), Bắc Giang (4), Bà Rịa – Vũng Tàu (4), Nghệ An (3), Quảng Ngãi (3), Quảng Trị (3), Vĩnh Long (3), Quảng Nam (3), Đắk Nông (3), Trà Vinh (2), Gia Lai (2), Bến Tre (2), Quảng Ninh (2), Bình Phước (1), Đà Nẵng (1), Thanh Hóa (1), Vĩnh Phúc (1) and Hà Nội (1).
In the last seven days, Việt Nam reported on average 10,035 cases daily.
Since late April, the caseload in Việt Nam has totalled 761,527. On Monday, 10,528 patients were given the all-clear.
Việt Nam has so far administered more than 39.23 million doses of vaccine. A total of nearly 8.3 million people in the country are now fully vaccinated. — VNS
- Colorado governor says he's worried about possible second spike in Covid-19 cases as state set to reopen Monday
- South Dakota sees 33 more COVID-19 cases, no new deaths
- Maharashtra Covid-19 positive deaths cross 400, total cases inch towards 10,000
- ESUT-TH doctors relax withdrawal of services to treat growing COVID-19 cases in Enugu
- India records highest one-day rise in COVID-19 cases
- UK COVID-19 death toll now highest in Europe, second-highest in the world
- Coronavirus update: Wuhan says there are no COVID-19 patients left in its hospitals, Spain's children allowed outside for first time in weeks
- In 15 days, number of coronavirus COVID-19 hotspot districts declines to 129 from 170
- Three women from same family that ran grocery store in Boston die of COVID-19 in three days
- Trump's strongman diplomacy is coming apart under Covid-19
- Kasaragod, Pathanamthitta and India's other COVID-19 hotspots
- Spotlight: Global COVID-19 cases top 3.5 mln as Mideast, Europe witness continued slowdown
- Falling Covid-19 cases in UK puts mega hospital on ‘standby’
- Ghaziabad slowly opens up; 13 more Covid-19 cases emerge
- Australia CRUSHES coronavirus: Just FOUR people are diagnosed with COVID-19 in 24 hours as curve 'heads south' and country is told we could be eased back to normal in three weeks
- South Africa reports 10 more COVID-19-related deaths
- Coronavirus update: Assange extradition trial delayed, UK citizens to question leaders on COVID-19
- Deaths spiked as Covid-19 spread in March and April, new analysis finds
- Swab collection a high risk job, says COVID-19 doctor
- Coronavirus | Number of COVID-19 hotspot districts decreases to 129 from 170 in a fortnight
COVID-19 cases and deaths fall on Monday have 559 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at September 27, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.