Particularly, on September 11, trawler QNg 95058TS of Nguyen Van Thach from Binh Chau commune of Quang Ngai province's Binh Son district experienced engine failure 28 nautical miles from Ly Son Island while on the way to take shelter from the fifth storm.
Receiving the information about the incident, the Coast Guard Region 2 Command instructed its Ship 8002, which was conducting missions at sea, to approach the scene to conduct the rescue operation.
After six hours struggling with high waves and strong winds, Ship 8002's crew-members were able to save all the fishermen.
After rescuing five fishermen on board trawler QNg 95058TS, Ship 8002 was reported on another incident happening in the waters of Ly Son island district.
Trawler DNa0494 with 13 fishermen on board went adrift 17 nautical miles from Ly Son district while sheltering in the waters of Dong An Hai hamlet of Ly Son island district.
Reported on the incident, crew-members of Ship 8002 continued braving torrential rain, rough sea and strong winds to search the distressed trawler which is steered by Nguyen Dung from Son Tra ward of Da Nang city. After six hours searching for the drifting trawler and contacting its crew-members, at 1.30 a.m. on September 12, the coast guard ship found the trawler and 13 fishermen.
At noon on September 12, Ship 8002 of the Coast Guard Region 2 Command took five fishermen on board trawler QNg 95058TS and 13 others on board trawler DNa0494 ashore. Coast guard troops also towed trawler DNa0494 ashore.
Translated by Tran Hoai
- Cargo Ship Off Georgia Coast Rolls; 4 Crew Members Still Missing
- WATCH: U.S. Coast Guard Rescues Senior Dog Swimming Off Florida Coast
- Pirates Release 9 Crew Members of Norwegian Ship Attacked Off Benin Coast - Ship Operator
- Cyclone Ockhi: Navy continues search and rescue operations
- Debunking 10 myths about China and the South China Sea
- Special Report: Icebound - The climate-change secrets of 19th century ship's logbooks
- Search Suspended For Missing Fishermen Off Martha's Vineyard
- Good Samaritans helped thousands at sea. Now they're on trial
- The three grim warnings Ovation on the Seas captain made moments after volcano eruption - as passengers on board 'ghost ship' say mood is 'solemn'
- Dark Waters: The Most Mysterious Places on the Seas
- Ukraine Navy Says Its Artillery Ship Was Hit by Russian Fire
- South African sailors rescued from crippled yacht off WA coast after mast breaks
- Family dramatically rescued after fleeing their home due to a bushfire and getting trapped on a nearby beach before emergency workers reach them by boat in choking smoke
- Daniel Craig cruises the Caribbean sea on a custom-built sailboat as he joins his hunky stunt double Jean-Charles Rousseau during their second day of filming for Bond 25 in Jamaica
- China lands nuclear strike-capable bombers on disputed South China Sea island
- Vietnam asks ASEAN to take note of threats against fishers in South China Sea
- Inconsistencies cast doubt on Hawaiian women’s harrowing tale of sea survival
- Viking Cruise survivors describe hell of ship flooding with water and passengers left bloodied after liner lost all power during rough seas
- How the Indian Navy rescued a ship from pirates
- ‘Rescue of a lifetime’: 4 pulled safely from overturned ship
Coast Guard ship’s crew-members rescue distressed fishermen at sea have 502 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 14, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.