China has suspended dragon fruit imports from Vietnamese fruit manufacturers via a border gate in northern Quang Ninh Province, after the coronavirus was found on the packaging of a shipment, according to a notice by the Chinese side.
The suspension, applied to dragon fruit imports through a pontoon bridge that is dedicated to trading activities at Quang Ninh's Mong Cai border gate (Dongxing border gate on China's side), will last from Wednesday to September 21.
In the notice, authorities in China's Dongxing City said that they had discovered the coronavirus on both the cover of each item and the cardboard boxes as the outermost layer of the shipment.
The imports will be automatically resumed from 11:00 pm on September 21, according to the notice.
However, the suspension can be extended for another week if the coronavirus is detected on the packaging of imported dragon fruits again or any other goods, and for four weeks if the products contain the virus for a third time.
The Vietnamese Ministry of Health suggested Vietnamese dragon fruit exporters work with their Chinese partners to find another channel for the exporation of the tropical fruit during the suspension.
The Quang Ninh Department of Industry and Trade has advised local firms to regularly update information regarding import and export activities at border gates in order to work out a plan that helps prevent goods congestion.
This is not the first time that Vietnamese farm produce exports to China through Vietnam's northern border gates have been affected by Chinese authorities' COVID-19 prevention and control regulations.
Previously, the Chinese side temporarily stopped receiving Vietnamese trucks via a number of border gates in northern Lang Son Province between July and August to curb the spread of COVID-19.
- China tightens control over farm imports, Vietnamese farmers suffer
- Border province Tay Ninh fights drug trafficking
- Vietnam, China open specialised route for goods transportation
- Northern Vietnam gets a luscious lychee shine
- The rice race has changed, and Vietnam's not in the running
- Border province Tây Ninh fights drug trafficking
- Vietnam's police tackle herbal medicine of unclear origin
- Vietnam seeks to improve cross-border trade with China
- Pingyao: A walk through historic China
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 17
- Agriculture experts sound alarm over culinary favorite, invader crawfish
- Police tackle herbal medicine of unclear origin
- Chinese phone parts with fake Vietnamese origin labels intercepted
- PM Nguyễn Xuân Phúc meets Myanmar President U Win Myint
- Death truck was in convoy of THREE: Devastated families say more than 100 migrants were smuggled into UK but only two lorries made it - as two new victims are named and wife tells how she helped victim raise £11k for trip
- Vietnamese Prime Minister, Myanmar State Counselor hold talks
- More concern than joy
- President's address to the Parliament
- 25 TV Episodes From This Decade We’ll Never Forget
- The Hill's Morning Report — Harris brings her A game to Miami debate
China suspends dragon fruit imports through Vietnam’s northern border gate after discovering coronavirus on shipment have 486 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at September 17, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.