Phan Quynh Trang in HCM City’s Tan Phu District is happy to see her two children having more fun and joy playing with two ducklings. Her five-year-old son and eight-year-old daughter have been kept indoors for the last three months by the social distancing rules for Covid-19 prevention.
“They were fed up with their toys and games and were bored until I brought home two fertilised eggs,” the young mother said. “I taught them to make a small house from a carton which would hatch in some days. They were very excited about the work and eager to wait for the day to see the little ducklings coming out. And now my family are having more fun with these two ducklings.”
Tran Duc Ngo in Binh Thanh District said his two daughters asked him to buy some eggs so that they would hatch and have some ducklings as pets. He was reluctant at first because the ducks would be smelly but he gave in.
“I know that many other children in my apartment buildings are keeping ducks as pets and my children also want to have some after seeing their friends share their duck pets on Facebook,” Ngo said. “It has become a trend. The children are now not only talking about online games or films but also about how to take care of their pet ducks.”
The father said that although he was busier taking care of the ducks and cleaning the house, his children were happy.
“The kids have been so bored since they were kept indoors for so long and could not meet with their friends,” he said. “So I think it's nice for them to have pets they like. And by watching the ducks being born and growing up, the kids can learn a lot and develop a love for animals. ”
The trend has spread to Hanoi which is also applying strict social distancing rules.
- Top TIER! Petrol heads snub social distancing as £2m supercar fleet causes chaos in central London on night city is shifted into strictest Covid restrictions
- Season's Cheatings! Dominic West and his wife Catherine share socially distanced family Christmas photo from Ireland - two months after he was caught kissing Lily James in Rome
- Prince Louis 'doesn't understand social distancing' and wants to 'cuddle everything'
- Dominic West and wife pose for 'socially distanced' Christmas card months after Rome trip
- Brauchler: Where was the “mandatory” social distancing during Gov. Polis’ “unnecessary” vaccine photo op?
- We wouldn't let coronavirus stop a socially distanced visit to Santa Claus
- Royal family confirms socially distanced Christmas plans
- Why ARE Kent and East Sussex's Covid outbreaks spiking? Scientists blame lax Tier One rules before lockdown while councillors bash 'wilful disregard' of social distancing
- 'I gave it the kiss of life': Judi Dench reveals she once saved the life of her pet GOLDFISH by giving it mouth to mouth
- Is the mutant form of Covid REALLY more infectious to children? Top scientists who raised alarm over the fast-spreading variant say there's not enough data to make the link
- Greenwich council backs down on shutting schools in face of government legal action as parents DEFY order to keep children at home because 'they NEED their last three days' of term
- What do we know about the spread of Covid-19 among children?
- 'Online is not the same': Children's choirs face muted festive season
- Sperm donor with '150 children worldwide' who's had unprotected sex with scores of women claims he's impregnated THREE British mothers ahead of Christmas
- Melania Trump continues first lady tradition of visiting children's hospital during holidays — despite pandemic
- Woman provides free education to tribal children in Bhubaneswar
- Petting Zoo Accused of Killing Wolf Pups After They Grow Too Big
- Parents' fury as schools 'could stay shut for ALL of January': Campaigners warn switch to online learning will be 'disastrous and catastrophic' for Britain's poorest children
- Siri Fiske: Social isolation amid coronavirus – here are the dangers facing our children
- Melania Trump Defended by White House for Removing Mask at Children's Hospital
Children keep ducklings as pets during social distancing have 682 words, post on dtinews.vn at September 19, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.