Cambodia has administered at least one dose of COVID-19 vaccines to 12.05 million people, or 75.3 percent of the nation's 16-million population, between February 10 and September 19, said the health ministry’s secretary of state and spokeswoman Or Vandine.
Of them, over 10.3 million, or 64.4 percent, have been fully vaccinated with both required shots, while 830,814, or 5.2 percent, have received a booster dose.
As of September 19, some 98.27 percent of 10 million target adults, 88 percent of nearly 2 million target adolescents aged from 12 to under 18, and 25.94 percent of almost 1.9 million target children aged from six to under 12 have taken at least one dose, she said.
Cambodia reported 622 new COVID-19 cases and 14 new fatalities on September 20, pushing the national total caseload to 104,716 and the overall death toll to 2,123. The total number of recoveries stood at 97,700.
The Department of Disease Control’s Director Opas Karnkawinpong said the health authorities are planning to have at least 50 percent of the national population to be vaccinated with one dose by the end of September.
The Thai Government said it will administer up to 1 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines per day from September 24 onward. The initiative is intended to speed up the reopening efforts and revive the economy, just in time before the high tourism season of November and December.
Thailand logged 12,709 infections and 106 deaths on September 20, bringing up its totals to 1,489,186 and 15,469, respectively./.
- Millions of NHS pre-payment certificate holders could be due an up to £104 refund for prescriptions
- Find out where the speed cameras have been turned off
- China Expands Maritime Power in Southeast Asia, Docks Frigates in Cambodia
- Facebook blasted for kids missing life-saving vaccines – by spreading ‘fake news’
- Nightmares, narcolepsy and sudden weakness turn Mary's life upside down after swine flu vaccination
- Hero rats, singing puddles and crowd-free ruins: A postcard from Cambodia in rainy season
- Scot helps dig up landmines in Cambodia laid during Pol Pot's deadly regime
- Air pollution, obesity and vaccine hesitancy climb WHO list of global health threats
- The 13 childhood vaccinations you need to know about
- These are the 13 vaccinations available for your child
- Time is running out for temporary suspension of EU’s trade preferences with Cambodia
- Social media ‘breeding ground’ for negative messages about vaccines
- Alberta prepares for flu season despite delays in vaccine shipments
- 3 people from my team, including ex-CIA director, were assassinated – ufologist
- New £500k speed cameras turned off to save cash
- One killed in Japan as typhoon approaches capital, millions advised to evacuate
- Cambodia PM blasts 'interference' as EU trade deal threatens
- What is meningitis, how do you get it, what are the signs & symptoms and what is the meningitis B vaccine trial?
- Cancer virus vaccine take-up varies widely
- Over 300 people join blood donation program at Saigon Times
Cambodia inoculates over 12 million people, Thailand speeds up vaccinations have 502 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 20, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.